Quick Home Cinema Set-up Question (another DAV-IS10 topic...)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I own a Sony KDL-26T3000, an Xbox 360, and a PlayStation 3 which I use for movie watching. After much thought, I've decided that the Sony DAV-IS10 is proberbly best suited for my room size (it's a medium sized bedroom), but I just need some confirmation on connecting it all up. Simply, can I connect the 360 and PS3 to the speakers for 5.1 surround sound, and will I just be able to ignore the DVD player part of the DAV if I'm using the PS3 as my main player instead (which I assume is a better quality DVD player)? In case it helps, the TV has two HDMI slots, and the PS3 and 360 only support optical, not coaxial. I guess this is a question of what cables would I need for it to work. And sorry for another DAV-IS10 post, but I couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I'm already used to switching the optical cable between the two. It's no fuss seeing as they're right next to each other, so it won't be a problem.

A

Anonymous

Are these manual switchers better than the splitters, in which you dont have to get up from your arm chair?

gregch

Nov 9, 2004
Visit site
The DAV has a coax as well as the optical, so you could get a optical>coax connector and leave them both connected... that's probably what I'll do if I choose PS3 as a blu-ray player (as opposed to a 'proper' blu-ray player which will likely have coax as well as optical).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts