Can my Panasonic TH-42PX60 display 24fps?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm wanting to buy a new Blu-Ray player and quite like the look of the Pioneer BDP-51FD. If I were to buy it I'd like to take advantage of the 24fps signal output however I'm unsure if my Plasma (Panasonic TH-42PX60) can display the 1080/24 signal, I've read the manual/spec etc but no mention of 24fps.

If anyone can advise me I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks, Colin.

A

Anonymous

No, doesn't look like it. I have the same TV and just forced my PS3's output to 1080p/24fps and the screen went blank. The TV can accept and downscale a 1080p signal though,

It's worth noting though that there are really not that many times I notice the motion judder, but the biggest standout example I have seen has been Planet Earth on Blu Ray. Some of the panning shots are quite jittery.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I have the PX600 which I'm pretty sure is basically the same screen, but with upgraded audio components etc. and having just tried to force 24fps on using my Sony S550, it can't accept the signal. However, with it switched off, everything works just fine (and I haven't noticed any juddering at all, but that could just be I'm not susceptible to it).
Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking it wouldn't but thought I'd ask anyway.

A

Anonymous

Looks like I'll have to get the player and see if I notice the judder.....might be a good excuse to spend some more money on a bigger screen......
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Quite. I must say though there is no way I would consider upgrading because of the motion judder. As I said, I do only notice it rarely and some people notice it more than others, but Blu Ray looks amazing on this TV and I'm sure you'll be impressed by it.

A

Anonymous

Looks like I'll be spending some money this weekend then. Thanks for all help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts