Can anyone with a cyrus cd8se load 120mm or more discs???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Hello my CD 8SE is having the same problems as you guys ! will load on 2nd attempt but am pretty annoyed it will not play Dylans 'Blood on the Tracks' at all ! the display is reading the number of tracks & total time but nothing happens when I press play ! never had problems with my old Naim or Roksan, & it plays in the car !! is ther going to be a recall ??

Steve

A

Anonymous

tugboy:but am pretty annoyed it will not play Dylans 'Blood on the Tracks' at all ! the display is reading the number of tracks & total time but nothing happens when I press play ! never had problems with my old Naim or Roksan, & it plays in the car !! is ther going to be a recall
Hello Steve

This is VERY interesting. The Dylan disc is an original CD and not a CD-R? When you say that nothing happens when you press Play, can you be a bit more specific please? The TOC has obviously been read after loading the disc as the display is showing the number of tracks aswell as the total playing time. When you press Play, does the player at least attempt to play the disc, ie, the display changes to show the right-facing pointer and the counter changes to 0:00? Does it just sit there at count 0:00? If so, what happens if you leave it in this state for a few minutes?

I doubt there will be a recall now, but if you are unhappy with your unit and suspect a problem, you ought to contact your dealer/Cyrus.

After four attempts to own an 8se and two units returned for refund, Cyrus have yet to sell me a unit that actually does as their specification says.

Regards

Lee.

A

Anonymous

`Hi Lee

yes its one of the new remasters, the others play ok, after pressing play track 1 appears & 0:00 but nothing happens its been like that for 2minuets then it suddenly played as I was writting this !! watch this place !! have contacted cyrus still waiting for a reply !! just before it started to play i heard 2 strange clicks from the player ! must be taking its time to read the disc ? these are the sacd dual layer remasters too, thanks for the reply

steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts