Can anyone help me replace some old friends?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to upgrade my AE 109's which have been great over the years.The new speakers will be driven by Cambridge Audio Azur 640 A/C (version 1).I don't want to spend more than £400.Any recommendations?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You're spoilt for choice at this price level at the moment!
Assuming you want to stick with floorstanders, you should audition Monitor Audio's Bronze B5 speakers - a cracking five-star option at £400 - but also a newer Acoustic Energy model: the Aegis Neo Three (£370), another recent five-star winner.
If you're looking for a more compact, stylish option, KEF's iQ5s (£400) are also worth a look. They're not as complete all-rounders as the MA or AE models, but are still a highly impressive floorstander that should be heard.

A

Anonymous

Hi claire, do the acoustic energy 100 series, or 105 speakers from the 100 series match well with some of the newer acoustic energy speakers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
The AE109s are brilliant speakers and its gonna be a toughy to replace them

The Kef speakers, to me, dont sound as good and full as the AE series, its the 'uniQ' driver,i just dont like it and dont think it makes the treble sound good at all.

It could be worth demoing the AE Neo 3 speakers (http://www.laserlinehifi.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/65474) Great sounding speakers with plenty of drive and clean at the top, go fairly deep as well. Good write ups from the WHFI team too.

Agreeing with Claire the M/A BR5's are great speakers but so are the RS6's for not alot more £££ so could be worth saving up for those unless youre fine with 2nd hand then check out Ebay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts