Can anyone find the calibrated settings for a Pioneer LX5090 TV for me?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
People normally first determine what they need and know where to put it before deciding to buy. You're doing the opposite, and frankly wasting money.
Correct, doctor. In my case, all my televisions have started life in my parlour and got shunted down as they are supplanted by bigger and (usually) better models. So, when I get my Sony 75W855C television in exactly two weeks, it will go into the parlour. The Panasonic 65VT65 will go from the parlour to the kitchen, the LG 60PZ950T will go from kitchen to front bedroom, the Pioneer LX5090 will move from front bedroom to my bedroom, and the Pioneer 428XD in my bedroom will be decommissioned (but will not be appearing on eBay or AVForums, I'll be keeping it as a spare). Gel, I asked you for your various room dimensions in order to see if you could feasibly have the 50-inch television that you seem bent on buying in another room. But apparently telling us your room dimensions is too much trouble for you, so I'll butt out.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
Series1boy said:
gel said:
Last time I had it calibrated I didn't like normal day settings, I much preferred night time settings, so I left it in night time settings and I don't think that's the proper way to do it. Besides I like the settings on the forums. So it's all good.

i have mine on night settings all of the time and so do lots of other people on the other forum, so nothing wrong there mate.

where is the Kuro going, bedroom or is it going to be side by side with your oled for the surround view ..? :)
Not to sure at the moment, I have lots of different options or where I can put it. Just trying to workout how to use Shiply couriers - a bit of a nightmare!

I thought you were going to collect it yourself?

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
Series1boy said:
gel said:
Last time I had it calibrated I didn't like normal day settings, I much preferred night time settings, so I left it in night time settings and I don't think that's the proper way to do it. Besides I like the settings on the forums. So it's all good.

i have mine on night settings all of the time and so do lots of other people on the other forum, so nothing wrong there mate.

where is the Kuro going, bedroom or is it going to be side by side with your oled for the surround view ..? :)
Not to sure at the moment, I have lots of different options or where I can put it. Just trying to workout how to use Shiply couriers - a bit of a nightmare!

I thought you were going to collect it yourself?
Yep, I think I am now. Keeps changing though. *smile*

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Series1boy said:
gel said:

I had all the four plasmas that I owned in July 2013 (the Samsung PS64D800 being the forerunner of the Panasonic) calibrated for subdued daylight only, I didn't have separate day and night settings. I think that it's unfair to expect any television, let alone a plasma, to compete with daylight streaming in, so during the daytime my (fairly thin) curtains are closed if I'm watching TV. And at night, the same setting seems to work just fine, it's not too bright for nighttime viewing.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Series1boy said:
gel said:

I had all the four plasmas that I owned in July 2013 (the Samsung PS64D800 being the forerunner of the Panasonic) calibrated for subdued daylight only, I didn't have separate day and night settings. I think that it's unfair to expect any television, let alone a plasma, to compete with daylight streaming in, so during the daytime my (fairly thin) curtains are closed if I'm watching TV. And at night, the same setting seems to work just fine, it's not too bright for nighttime viewing.
Thats what I would've liked!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
Have you collected the TV yet Gel?
Nope, looks like the end of this month before I can. The guy has been on holiday for two weeks too. I will offer to pay him straight away though when his back of holiday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts