Can anyone find the calibrated settings for a Pioneer LX5090 TV for me?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm not surprised that you can't find the AVForums review of the Pioneer LX5090 television, dear Gel, you seem to forget that that television was released in summer 2008, so it's not surprising that, seven and a half years later, an AVForums review is hard to find. (Did AVForums even exist in its current form in 208?)

Anyway, as you might know I do have an LX5090, which Mr Steve Withers calibrated in July 2013 (along with three other plasma televisions). It would take me about forty-five minutes to find the calibrated settings on my computer (Mr Withers gave me an electronic report) and to type them in for you to be able to read on this forum, a task which is not like building the Sistine Chapel but it's not zero effort on my part either. Just to make me feel slightly more inclined to do that, could you maybe answer these three questions:

1. Where will the LX5090 go in your house? I presume that the 55-inch 980W OLED is staying in your main room?

2. Do you think that you will keep it for more than six months?

3. (Optional) Why have you decided to do without 4K at this time? This is a genuine query, I'm not blaming you in any way. (After all, I'll be buying a Full HD television in 17 days.) I'm just curious about why you've decided to stick with Full HD technology for the time being.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
I'm not surprised that you can't find the AVForums review of the Pioneer LX5090 television, dear Gel, you seem to forget that that television was released in summer 2008, so it's not surprising that, seven and a half years later, an AVForums review is hard to find. (Did AVForums even exist in its current form in 208?)

Anyway, as you might know I do have an LX5090, which Mr Steve Withers calibrated in July 2013 (along with three other plasma televisions). It would take me about forty-five minutes to find the calibrated settings on my computer (Mr Withers gave me an electronic report) and to type them in for you to be able to read on this forum, a task which is not like building the Sistine Chapel but it's not zero effort on my part either. Just to make me feel slightly more inclined to do that, could you maybe answer these three questions:

1. Where will the LX5090 go in your house? I presume that the 55-inch 980W OLED is staying in your main room?

2. Do you think that you will keep it for more than six months?

3. (Optional) Why have you decided to do without 4K at this time? This is a genuine query, I'm not blaming you in any way. (After all, I'll be buying a Full HD television in 17 days.) I'm just curious about why you've decided to stick with Full HD technology for the time being.
I will be keeping the 5090 as a spare/share for my main one. I get bored easily. I don't think I could get a better 4K TV for full HD. You also have to go to 65-inches for 4K. I think I will keep it.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Gel, what's going on? Are you alright? Back off from the other deal NOW!
I pulled out of the first one due to not being able to collect anymore. Still thinking about the second one - what do you think? Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

I have withdrawn my offer, I am going to wait for a 500a or 500m. Cheers guys.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
I will be keeping the 5090 as a spare/share for my main one. I get bored easily. I don't think I could get a better 4K TV for full HD. You also have to go to 65-inches for 4K. I think I will keep it.

Yes gel, you do seem to get bored very easily.

gel said:
I have withdrawn my offer, I am going to wait for a 500a or 500m. Cheers guys.

So, you've started a whole thread about buying a great second-hand televison, now into 35 replies, only to change your mind, basically wasting everyone's time, huh? For what it's worth, which to you is very little, I don't understand your getting another television as a share with your existing 55-inch OLED. I could understand your getting another television, even a second-hand one, for another room, (a television in a bedroom is one of my life's few luxuries!) but having two working televisions in the same room seems bizarre even by your convoluted standards. In your case, putting another television in the same room, or swapping it part-time with your OLED, will only highlight whatever deficiencies one set (motion handling in the case of the OLED, black level in the case of everything else) will have compared to the other, and leave you content with neither. I'm the last person on this forum to decry someone having more than one television (since I myself have four), but they are in separate rooms! I also don't understand why you would now want to go for a Pioneer 500A or M, what advantage would they have over an LX5090? Anyway, at least I don't now have to type the calibrated settings for my LX5090 for you. By the way, don't pull out of too many deals on AVForums. You'll get yourself a bad reputation, and ultimately you'll get yourself banned - it has happened.

Yes, I enquired about a projector screen last year and even agreed on a deal, only to have my drawings changed requiring me to get one with a different casing! Restrictions were put on my account for about 6 weeks when I could not even see the classifieds section. Maybe that's a good thing for gel. :)

I agree with the point that you're wasting your money having 2 TVs in the same room.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
And wasting your time buying an old pdp with no warranty. It's fair to say there is a very high risk of it going wrong and there won't be any parts to repair, and even that will be expensive if there is!

D

Deleted member 2457

The first deal is back on, so £300 for a Pioneer 5090 and table stand and speaker, not bad going huh? *smile*

The guy knocked off £50 for me!

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
bigboss said:
I pulled out of the first one due to not being able to collect anymore. Still thinking about the second one - what do you think? Cheers

was that the £350 collect from Southampton deal? That did sound like a good price, but if you don't drive or can't collect another way I don't understand why you agreed to it in the first place? The seller hasn't updated the thread to say it is now available again.

Your second option of £500 delivered for the other Pioneer TV which you are considering I would leave at that price. They can still be repaired if they go wrong but it is expensive to do so.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

was that the £350 collect from Southampton deal? That did sound like a good price, but if you don't drive or can't collect another way I don't understand why you agreed to it in the first place? The seller hasn't updated the thread to say it is now available again.

Your second option of £500 delivered for the other Pioneer TV which you are considering I would leave at that price. They can still be repaired if they go wrong but it is expensive to do so.
Yep, the Southampton deal, he is on holiday at the moment and we agreed it in private messages. I was going to courier but now am picking up again. *smile*. £300.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

Yep, the Southampton deal, he is on holiday at the moment and we agreed it in private messages. I was going to courier but now am picking up again. *smile*. £300.

well at least you have got a good deal for it! Could use it as a bedroom TV I suppose.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

well at least you have got a good deal for it! Could use it as a bedroom TV I suppose.
Yep, cheers mate.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Gel, series1boy is correct about calibration. As I recall, your reason for not getting your existing 980W OLED calibrated was that you were likely to sell it and get a 4K model. Now that you (however temporarlly, knowing you) decided against 4K for the time being, you could get your OLED calibrated. If you insist on buying and old set, you could get both OLED and old (see what I did there?) sets calibrated at the same time, it's cheaper in bulk.

But three simple questions. How big are your living room, your kitchen and your bedroom. Dimensions required, if you please. "Medium-sized" is not a valid answer!! For example, my parlour is 18'2" x 14'3" x 10'6", and my kitchen is 17' x 14'3" x 7' 6" (it has a false ceiling).

D

Deleted member 2457

Last time I had it calibrated I didn't like normal day settings, I much preferred night time settings, so I left it in night time settings and I don't think that's the proper way to do it. Besides I like the settings on the forums. So it's all good.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Last time I had it calibrated I didn't like normal day settings, I much preferred night time settings, so I left it in night time settings and I don't think that's the proper way to do it. Besides I like the settings on the forums. So it's all good.

i have mine on night settings all of the time and so do lots of other people on the other forum, so nothing wrong there mate.

where is the Kuro going, bedroom or is it going to be side by side with your oled for the surround view ..? :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:

i have mine on night settings all of the time and so do lots of other people on the other forum, so nothing wrong there mate.

where is the Kuro going, bedroom or is it going to be side by side with your oled for the surround view ..? :)
Not to sure at the moment, I have lots of different options or where I can put it. Just trying to workout how to use Shiply couriers - a bit of a nightmare!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I've got a tv tuner in my computer which is in the same room as my tv meaning i watch two tv programs at the same time and i have done. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts