Cambridge or Exposure with Epos K3?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I play a lot of rock and metal and will buy the epos K3. I know That Epos and Creek are one company, but i want no creek amp. I was looking at the Cambridge cxa 60 or 80 or the Exposure 2010S2d. Which are niver sounding? I like a full bodied sound on the warm side of neutral with soft highes.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
peterpan said:
I play a lot of rock and metal and will buy the epos K3. I know That Epos and Creek are one company, but i want no creek amp. I was looking at the Cambridge cxa 60 or 80 or the Exposure 2010S2d. Which are niver sounding? I like a full bodied sound on the warm side of neutral with soft highes.

*stop* Please buy th K3's first, get them home and run them in, then demo the amps at home - it's the best way to get it right.*smile*

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Based on what I have read plus my experience with the Exposure 3010 series, the Cambridge amps are very slightly on the bright side whereas the Exposure has more grunt, is open and neutral. I did not get to hear the 2010 but I'd say the Exposure might be better with rock and metal. Just a guess though *smile*

rainsoothe

peterpan said:
Yes; why? But with a Marantz amp. I don't want Marantz. And against a Tannoy; beautiful speakers but the highs......

Because I auditioned the K1s a while back, and full sounding they were not - but really forward instead. I will suggest the Focal Aria 926, along with Arcam amplification, or Roksan Caspian M2 (they also should go well with the Epos). It feels like people keep making these suggestions, but you usually ignore them. Oh, and if the K3s are sensitive enough, maybe Croft Phono Integrated. Also, if you don't mind second hand, a first gen Naim Nait XS. Maybe Electrocompaniet, however I'm not familiar with these.

rainsoothe

plastic penguin said:
rainsoothe said:
peterpan said:
Yes; why? But with a Marantz amp. I don't want Marantz. And against a Tannoy; beautiful speakers but the highs......

It feels like people keep making these suggestions, but you usually ignore them.

Every suggestion made last time was debunked by the OP for being too bright. Based on that alone, he needs to don his demo cap.

Well everyone needs to do that, but it just seems to me sometimes the warm/full sounding stuff that gets suggested gets ignored and he returns after auditioning even more bright sounding stuff that wasn't even in the suggestions :p Maybe it's just an impression, though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts