cambridge audio speaker advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, could anyone please recommend some speakers for my new setup of cambridge audio 640a v1 and 640c v2. I have heard good things about the: tannoy F1, wharfedale Diamond 9.1, Cambridge Audio S30, Dali Lektor 1 and Mordaunt short 902i. Budget of £300, but I could stretch if the difference would be massive. Also I may not be able to go into the store to test any of them.

If someone with a similar setup knows of an interconnect and speakercable that works well I would be grateful.

Thanks so much

stu

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Within your budget is the Dali Lektor 2 - giving enough change for decent cable.

But please please please try to get to a dealer to listen. I spent three hours going through speakers at a local dealers before finally hitting the "that's the ones" moment - if I had gone on reviews alone, I would have ended up buying speakers that I rejected in the listening room.

Speakers, more than any other hifi component, have a sound of their own that will either please or annoy, so unless you are spending less than 100 pounds on a kitchen system for occasional use whilst cooking, it is in your best interests to try and get a listen...

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
You can get some Quad 12L2s for £290, however I'm not sure how well they'd go with the CA gear as the CA stuff has a reputation for being bright, as do the speakers (though I think this criticism is a bit harsh). I have the Quads and a DacMagic and the treble has never seemed to bright to me.

John Duncan

fatboyslimfast:Within your budget is the Dali Lektor 2 - giving enough change for decent cable.

But please please please try to get to a dealer to listen. I spent three hours going through speakers at a local dealers before finally hitting the "that's the ones" moment - if I had gone on reviews alone, I would have ended up buying speakers that I rejected in the listening room.

Speakers, more than any other hifi component, have a sound of their own that will either please or annoy, so unless you are spending less than 100 pounds on a kitchen system for occasional use whilst cooking, it is in your best interests to try and get a listen...

Nothing more to be said........

A

Anonymous

I have some S30s with my previous CA amp (A5). For your budget you can do a LOT better than these. Have you thought about the MS Mezzo 2? I'm myself considering the MS Mezzo 6 as my next upgrade. Take your time and make sure your audition anything you may be buying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts