Cambridge Audio MXN10

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
This is Cambridge's answer to the plethora of Chinese Streamer DACs flooding the market.
Looks solid, and great choice if you're on a budget.
It's £200 cheaper and without glossy features of the Eversolo DMP-A6 but I wonder how it compares sonically?

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
This is Cambridge's answer to the plethora of Chinese Streamer DACs flooding the market.
Looks solid, and great choice if you're on a budget.
It's £200 cheaper and without glossy features of the Eversolo DMP-A6 but I wonder how it compares sonically?
Yes, I agree it is good that CA has an offering at this end of the market. I suspect the real competition lies with the likes of the WiiM Mini, WiiM Pro and the soon to be released Pro Plus, the latter two offering additional functionality to the MXN like Roon Ready and Squeezlite capabilities. And these are between half and a fifth of the price.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
For what it is worth, I think WiiM (particularly the WiiM Pro Plus at £219) has made the biggest impact in this category in the past year or so. It also seems to be making consumers and other manufacturers reassess what they should be paying/charging for this class of product, a development which seemed long overdue.

Reactions: Jasonovich

TRENDING THREADS