Cambridge Audio MXN10 vs Bluesound Node: which budget music streamer is best?

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Chord Mojo 2 (£395 currently from Richer Sounds) using WiiM Mini (£90) as the source, or WiiM Pro if you need Chromecast and/or Roon (£149). I’d wager the sound would be noticeably superior and the interface at least as good. Sorted.

Reactions: Combat

gz00

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
No mention of Roon, Dirac or subwoofer management which the node has. It's a much better alternative for upgrading via a separate dac with better connections. Hdmi arc alone makes it worth the extra £100, altogether a much more sophisticated device.
So the Cambridge has a dac that goes to 32/768 but no streaming service goes this high and very very few digital files available at this rate so not really a differential.

Combat

Feb 4, 2022
Visit site
Chord Mojo 2 (£395 currently from Richer Sounds) using WiiM Mini (£90) as the source, or WiiM Pro if you need Chromecast and/or Roon (£149). I’d wager the sound would be noticeably superior and the interface at least as good. Sorted.
What HiFi only recommend sponsoring manufacturers though. So the WiiM will never get a look in. Despite the fact that it definitely is the best budget streamer manufacturer. But you seem to have gone back up market for the DAC when SMSL or Topping might be a better "budget" choice?

Cork

Aug 9, 2023
Visit site
They listed no MQA support for Tidal for the Cambridge as a negative; but Tidal has switched from MQA to hi-res Flac.
Also, I can't see doing this comparison without including the Yamaha WXC-50 (and/or the WXA-50).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts