Cambridge Audio Azur 840E or ATC CA2 MkII Pre-Amplifier?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a new preamp for one of my systems I have narrowed it down to two preamps.

They are both within my budget a Cambridge Audio Azur 840E or ATC CA2 MkII Pre-Amplifier.

Does anyone know which would be the most neutral and detailed amp?

hsv334:I'm looking at buying a new preamp for one of my systems I have narrowed it down to two preamps.

They are both within my budget a Cambridge Audio Azur 840E or ATC CA2 MkII Pre-Amplifier.

Does anyone know which would be the most neutral and detailed amp?

Hi hsv334

I've not heard the Azur 840E however i can certainly vouch for the CA2's quality. ATC have designed the CA2 MK2 to have a level of transparency and robust output stages so that it can ultimately be used with their Professional amplification and studio monitors such as the P4 mono's and SCM300ASL's. Fwiw, i feel the CA2 MK2 achieves around 75% of the performance of ATC's reference SCA2 pre amplifier at a quarter of the price!
emotion-2.gif

Btw, what source component(s), power amp(s)/speakers will you be using please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I using NS-1000M speakers, B-2x Dual Mono Power Amp, and hi end Yamaha CD player.

hsv334:I using NS-1000M speakers, B-2x Dual Mono Power Amp, and hi end Yamaha CD player.

Hi hsv334

Thanks for your reply.

NS-1000's are excellent speakers although i've not heard the B-2x power amp. If possible please have a listen to the CA2 MK2 and the Azur 840E with your components.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:
hsv334:I using NS-1000M speakers, B-2x Dual Mono Power Amp, and hi end Yamaha CD player.

Hi hsv334

Thanks for your reply.

NS-1000's are excellent speakers although i've not heard the B-2x power amp. If possible please have a listen to the CA2 MK2 and the Azur 840E with your components.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The problem is I am in a situation where I can't test either of them in my system I live in Australia and I am to far away from the dealers for that.

The Yamaha B-2x was designed to work with the NS-1000m I will only be buying one the amps mentioned if I can't find a Yamaha C-2x preamp

Cheers

Pete

hsv334:MUSICRAFT:

Hi hsv334

Thanks for your reply.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The problem is I am in a situation where I can't test either of them in my system I live in Australia and I am to far away from the dealers for that.

The Yamaha B-2x was designed to work with the NS-1000m I will only be buying one the amps mentioned if I can't find a Yamaha C-2x preamp

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete

If you haven't already done so then it might be worth asking the dealers if it is possible for them to send you the units for a trial.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts