Calman / Spectrcal

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think the mailshot they sent out yesterday caused a lot of traffic to the site.

i was struggling to download the 5.2 update.

Prospect of a better calibration very interesting

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Michael

Seeing as you already have a PC based music streaming system, I assume you have some decent pc knowledge.

If you want the best sound quality you can get from a PC - and possibly the best sound you can get full stop from any streamiing solution check out JPlay.

It runs via a windows PC using a interface such as Foobar or JRiver, but it controls the output sound quality.

There is a lot of info onn the JPlay Forum - I tell you this now is a True Game Changer when it comes to audio playback.

I have spent about £3.5k now on parts to build my Dedicated Audio PC Transport, Music Storage, Power Supplies etc and it absolutely detroys £4k worth of Meridian streamer - I mean its on a different planet.

I personally think it would hold its own with the best thats for sale at any price. You dont get it out of the box there is a lot of things you have to do, but when you do it boy is it good!!!

Just in case your interested and before you buy any streamer for Cyrus

michael hoy

ellisdj said:
Hi Michael

Seeing as you already have a PC based music streaming system, I assume you have some decent pc knowledge.

If you want the best sound quality you can get from a PC - and possibly the best sound you can get full stop from any streamiing solution check out JPlay.

It runs via a windows PC using a interface such as Foobar or JRiver, but it controls the output sound quality.

There is a lot of info onn the JPlay Forum - I tell you this now is a True Game Changer when it comes to audio playback.

I have spent about £3.5k now on parts to build my Dedicated Audio PC Transport, Music Storage, Power Supplies etc and it absolutely detroys £4k worth of Meridian streamer - I mean its on a different planet.

I personally think it would hold its own with the best thats for sale at any price. You dont get it out of the box there is a lot of things you have to do, but when you do it boy is it good!!!

Just in case your interested and before you buy any streamer for Cyrus

Hi and thanks for thinking of me.

I have just discovered JRiver and it's corresponding JRemote app and have been using Air Play from my iPad.

The software is running on my windows home server 2011 and it is streaming my FLAC files.

My purchasing of new equipment is on hold at the moment, upsating the house and a new car on it's way.

I will investigate this further though, I notice Mains Cables R Us (MCRU) have such a device of their own that they sell now.

Here

All the best for the new year.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi Michael

I thought it might be of interest to you - If you are used to using JRiver and J remote - then the addition of Jplay will be an easy one.

J Remote is particularly good for £5.

J River is the Best Value Hifi Investment you will ever make £100 for a life time of upgrades - where else will you get that.

You can trial it for free as well - it plays perfectly but will go blank every now and then during playback, so you cant use it seriously without buying which is fair enough.

JPlay also won best sounding room at the Much High End HiFi show I think in 2012 - that says a lot.

This is my opinion - JRiver sounded rubbish to me. J Play sounded much much better - but with JPlay 5 and win 8 they brought out UltraStream settings that bypass windows audio controls and then my Meridian Streamer was sold on and my Audio PC Built and I was sold on JPlay. Now they have just released 5.2 and its really amazingly good - the timing is unbeliveable compared to anything else I have ever heard.

I looked at that PC Mains Cables are selling - thats a standard ZUMA - if you look up ZUMA you will see what it is. I dont know how much you know about computers - if you are able to build your own. But you can save a ton on the profit of a company building it for you and use that to buy all important additonals such as Linear Power Supplies - you know how imprtant that are. I can recommend a very good guy who builds them as well.

This is the man leading the way in getting the most from computer hardware and accessories http://ppastudio.blogspot.co.uk/

His kit is very good value for money and the sound quality is incredible. Most streaming solutions you buy are designed for profit not sound quality. Cheap parts are used in important areas such as power supply and certain cabling.

They do have dedicated stripped down operating systems on their side but we have Scott from Computer Audio Design who has for free written scripts for win8 and win8.1 that shuts down all uneccessary services from windows to pure barbones and that takes the sound quality up a huge amount.

In additon CAD won best sounding room at the Bristol Show 2012 - I didnt know he was there and I missed hearing his DAC - but he was using JPLay and its no wonder to me that was rated the best sounding room, and he has imporoved his scripts since then - bonus for us !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts