Calling all PM6005 owners (and anyone else who can be bothered to read this)

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I currently use a Sony STR DH800 home cinema receiver for my setup (Sky+ HD and Sony Bluray player) but have downsized from 5.1 to 2.1 due to a new ish arrival in the family. The speakers are some old (ish) Kef Q35.2 floor standers and a Wharfedale Diamond SW 150 sub.

I'm thinkin of canning the receiver for a Marantz PM6005. It should (I imagine) be much better for music (iPod into Pure i20) but will it sound good for TV and films? I believe I can connect the high level inputs of my sub to the speaker B outputs if I wish).

Other option is a NAD D3020 (and others?) I listened to some sound bars / bases a while back but couldn't bring myself to scale back that much.

Gray

In case you haven't seen, Sevenoaks have got the PM6005 on offer for £249.

I've got nothing to do with Sevenoaks by the way - but everything to do with genuine bargains (and have been / still am happy with Marantz gear)

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had Marantz amps including the MCR510 which shares a lot of features with the 6005 and currently have a Nad D3020 - the D3020 is by far the best much more refined and punchy, great for tv and films also.

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I had seen the SSAV have the PM6005 for £249 and the D3020 for £299, both of which sounds like a great price for the kit.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to end up with an amp which was good for music but couldn't hack films / TV so sounds like I should arrange to go and hear them. Thought that it was unlikely they would struggle but thought I may as well ask!

TRENDING THREADS