Calibration fo samsung le40b651

A

Anonymous

try these settings , they are for hd in a dimly lit room , they worked very well for me when i had your tv....

--Picture menu
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 3
Contrast: 91
Brightness:
Sharpness: 0
Color: 46
Tint: G48/R52

Advanced
settings submenu
Black tone: Off
Dynamic contrast: Off
Gamma:
+2
Color space: Auto
Flesh tone: 0
Edge enhancement: Off
xvYCC:
Off

White balance submenu
R-Offset: 24
G-Offset: 24
B-Offset:
R-Gain: 25
G-Gain: 19
B-Gain: 16

Picture options
submenu
Color tone: Warm2
Size: Screen Fit
Digital NR: Off
HDMI
black level: Normal [grayed out]
Film mode: Auto 1
Blue only
mode: Off
Auto motion plus 120Hz: Custom
Custom settings:
Blur
reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 0

--Setup menu
Game Mode:
Off
Energy saving: Off
BD Wise: Off

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I am not sure what site you are getting these settings from maxflinn but I would seriously doubt any settings from there as yet again they have adjusted the green offset/gain again, I also guess it is a US based site due to the fact they have adjustments to the tint control which is only used for NTSC.

Anyone interested in how to correctly calibrate their TV should have a read HERE, not only does it explain in very easy to understand terms just how each control and adjustment effects each other but also just how important calibration is as factory settings are usually far from ideal.

A

Anonymous

i cant mention the site dj , house rules (im slowly conforming
emotion-10.gif
) but as i said on another thread , those settings worked very well to my laymans eyes , when i applied them to the b650 that i had at the time , a few months back ....

i wouldnt have a clue about green/offset etc , and i dont doubt your views on proper calibration , but many people ive gave settings to , have said they helped alot , i guess its up to them if they want proper calibration , i dare say , most dont ...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Maxflinn, all I was trying to point out is that sure it's fine to "have a go" with someone elses settings regarding basic user controls like Contrast etc, but any adjustments to the actual white ballance of the TV should only be made using a colouromiter and a PC as this can't be adjusted by eye and if it's not done correctly will actually make the picture on your TV worse.

Adjustments to the white ballance effect not only the colour but also the contrast and brightness of your TV.

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:
Maxflinn, all I was trying to point out is that sure it's fine to "have a go" with someone elses settings regarding basic user controls like Contrast etc, but any adjustments to the actual white ballance of the TV should only be made using a colouromiter and a PC as this can't be adjusted by eye and if it's not done correctly will actually make the picture on your TV worse.

Adjustments to the white ballance effect not only the colour but also the contrast and brightness of your TV.
hi dj , no problemo , in future when i post settings , ill also point out that a hands on calibration , with the right tools , is the only way to get it spot on , then at least people can choose to go with the guide settings ,and work from there , or get their tv calibrated ...

TRENDING THREADS