calibrated panasonic 50vt30

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
hi there, i had my 42vt30 calibrated. I'd say its worth doing.. i had my calibrator measure THX mode before he calibrated and he said it was actually pretty close to being right.. i used to notice a 'yellowish' cast in THX mode.. and that is removed post calibration.. id say its worth doing if you intend to keep the tv for a coupe of years.. with me its a tricky one as i am always on the edge of upgrading!

have you had your vt30 for long? you should have around 500 hours on tv before calibrating..

cheers,
mick

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We have the store VT50 calibrated and on the end of a Lumagen scaler. PQ has taken a big lift and viewing in the dark is at an all new level. Well worth it in my mind.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The annoying thing about the panasonics is that the black level is not as good and peak brightness is capped in the ISF modes as opposed to using THX preset.. it looks like it might be a better tradeoff to leave them in THX mode.. but you loose the ability to calibrate in THX which is a bummer.. apparently the VT50s are one of the best out of the box displays in terms of being close to calibration..

D

Deleted member 2457

micks_address said:
The annoying thing about the panasonics is that the black level is not as good and peak brightness is capped in the ISF modes as opposed to using THX preset.. it looks like it might be a better tradeoff to leave them in THX mode.. but you loose the ability to calibrate in THX which is a bummer.. apparently the VT50s are one of the best out of the box displays in terms of being close to calibration..

Yeah my GT50 is superb out of box and THX mode is the icing on the cake!

TRENDING THREADS