Cables & Interconnects for Cambridge Azur 740

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi.

Re - Cambridge Audio Azur 740C & 740A. Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 2 speakers.

Hoping that someone can give some advice on which speaker cable would be suitable for the above system. I don't want anything too "chunky" as I need to thread it through conduit that goes behind the fireplace.

Also I have seen QED Qunex Silver Reference 4S Audio Interconnect at a reduced price on the internet, £35 - 1 meter. Is this suitable / any good?

Many Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I'm no expert.

The only thing I can say is that it depends on your budget.

Lots of people recommend or get recommended the Chord Carnival Silver Screen (about £6/m). It's an award-winning cable which shouldn't disappoint.

Chord makes quality cables and you won't go wrong with them. Of course, other great brands like van den hul or QED, to name just 2, also make suitable alternatives.

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for the reply momo72
I'm using the Chord Carnival Silver Screen for my front 3 speakers on my Surround Sound, great cable but way too chunky for me to pass through the conduit - I've also got coaxial running through it. Will have a look at VDH.

Has anyone any comments on the QED Qunex Silver Reference 4S Audio Interconnect - phono to phono?

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi

I'm running one of these between my 740 combo.

Sounds great!
emotion-21.gif

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Brian123

I've been looking at this site/interconnect as well as another forum where he takes "made to measure" orders. He appears to have a lot of happy customers, so at £20 for 0.50mtrs it's worth a purchase. Just got a Cambridge 0.75mtr on eBay at a good price so I can give it a comparison.

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

blakenhall:Hi Brian123

I've been looking at this site/interconnect as well as another forum where he takes "made to measure" orders. He appears to have a lot of happy customers, so at £20 for 0.50mtrs it's worth a purchase. Just got a Cambridge 0.75mtr on eBay at a good price so I can give it a comparison.
Many thanks

I upgraded from a Cambridge Audio Atlantic to the Mark Grant - the difference was like night and day!

I've also compared the Mark Grant cable to a CA Azur Reference cable - I'd say that they're very evenly matched, but of course the Azur Reference costs twice as much! Would like to compare the Mark Grant against a Chord Crimson sometime in the future....

Brian
emotion-21.gif

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
CA Azur Reference cable is the one that I "won" on Ebay, a lot cheaper than RS, but about 50% more expensive than the Mark Grant. I'm very pleased I haven't wasted my money with you regarding it as being evenly matched.

Blakenhall

A

Anonymous

The Azur Ref 0.75 by Cambridge Audio is an fantastic interconnect i was using it on my 740 combo until i upgraded to the Russ Andrews Crystal CU there was a difference but not that much so good buy there!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts