Cable Upgrade ???

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I currently use a Gotham GAC-1 interconnect and QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cables. Thinking about going down the Atlas route and replacing the above with Hyper Integra interconnect and Hyper 2.0 speaker cable.

The above will cost £250 to £300.

Money well spent or wasted ???

T

the record spot

Atlas Navigator to Fisual RCAs. I use both in my system. One cost about £220, the other a tenner. Hardly any difference. Not £200-worth...

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
As with all things HiFi, try to borrow the part you are wanting to upgrade with, substitute it for your part and see if you can hear any difference. If not well no harm done, if yes then is the difference worth the extra outlay. Then beware of the upgrade bug!!!!

TrevC

stevee1966 said:
I currently use a Gotham GAC-1 interconnect and QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cables. Thinking about going down the Atlas route and replacing the above with Hyper Integra interconnect and Hyper 2.0 speaker cable.

Wasted. Interconnects do nothing to the sound and speaker cables need to have low series resistance. Thick ones, in other words. There are many 4 and 6mm multistrand copper cables being sold on ebay at reasonable prices, but why not just stick with what you have? Despite what you may have read silver and copper cables will sound the same.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
tomlinscote said:
As with all things HiFi, try to borrow the part you are wanting to upgrade with, substitute it for your part and see if you can hear any difference. If not well no harm done, if yes then is the difference worth the extra outlay. Then beware of the upgrade bug!!!!

I agree. Changing cables and interconnects will change the sound but this may not necessarily be an improvement to your ears. Best to try and borrow first and listen in your own system.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
pauln said:
Why not read through the many existing threads on the subject?

The above could be the reply to 99% of the threads on this forum, so let's all take your advice and have a static forum with no new input.

No new cable threads anyway
smiley-wink.gif

abacus

As I have said many times before, ignore Hi Fi cable manufactures, Dealers & Magazines and pop down to your local music store who will supply you with what the professionals use. (The ones that make the music you are listening to)

Hope this helps

Bill

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
stevee1966 said:

With speaker cables, size matters. Pretty much everything else is irrelevant, particularly daft sounding names made up by some guy in the marketing department.

"Silver Anniversary XT" "Hyper Integra" - give me a break.

What's wrong with "2.5mm cross sectional area, 79 strands per conductor" - at least you know what you are buying.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I just bought QED's new Audio 40 interconnects. It improved the resolution of the music and did change how music was presented. Do cables make a difference, yes, but it is not a huge difference. If you want a really want an improved sound, get better speakers as I find the RX6 bright and not musical enough. I suggest the new ATC bookshelf speakers + subwoofer combo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts