Cable choice PMC/Cyrus

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anderson

[EDITED BY MODS. House rule no.1. Please don't post libellous comments.]

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
spiny norman said:
cheeseboy said:
Hell no, I'm going to set up a cable company, I don't want people getting wise :)

edit: I'm actually half serious. For a throwaway example - alibaba http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Kimber-8TC-speaker-audio-cable-ban... then sell on amazon for more than double.... http://www.amazon.com/Kimber-Kable-Speaker-Cable-Banana/dp/B002TIA22M

I think you might be going to set up a fake cable company:

Does that mean I can then get more of a markup? :) (either way, interesting thanks)

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Sorry there but I don't think you are right in what you are saying. There is a big difference in the atlas. I actually downgraded in price to chord carnival silver screen and dynamics and clarity are better. I then upgraded to chord epic twin and its blown the atlas, naim and other cables I've tried out of the water. I think it comes down to what amplification and speakers you have. With speakers at the pmcs quality and price (£2,300), as well as around £5k on electronics all to send a signal to the speakers, cable choice is critical. With more budget speakers you are using it becomes less of an issue.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how this rubbish keeps going around and around. But then there are tv channels seemingly devoted to ghost hunting and clairvoyance so there are any number of loonies out there.

Chris

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
tinkywinkydipsylalapo said:
drummerman said:
Oddly enough that reminds me of someone irish ... :)

You mean...

?

No. There used to be a young chap on here that took it up on himself to declare war on everything he perceived to be foo/snake oil.

In all fairness to Anderson, he is nowhere near as dedicated (yet) and his opinion, in this case 'different speaker cables make no difference' is as valid as mine.

What get's me is when the 'non-believers' attack every opinion instead of just saying once what they think.

After all, I only suggested the VDH cable in reply to the OP's question ...

Except that the difference here is that Anderson's statements are based on facts, laws of nature, whereas yours are opinions. The laws of physics do not change just because we are talking about cables, even though you think they do. And since you ask, I have a couple of degrees in physics. By the way, you really should do a double blind trial of cables, including some decent but cheap cables and a household mains cable, as well as the 'better' ones.

I find it hilarious that WHF review digital cables, and describe them as musical, or adding dynamism, or lacking depth, when any educated person knows that a digital cable either works, or it doesn't. The fact that WHF come out with such nonsense does rather call into question their reviewing methodology and accuracy.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
about a subject that has been written about many times before (up to a point where no one cares anymore) and then finally you say that the reviewers at What Hifi are a load of idiots.

You remind me of another p**t on this forum that also called the reviewers idiots a few months back, I haven't seen any posts by him recently so if he was banned from the forums then hopefully the same fate will happen with you.

There is no need for people like you on this forum, if you have nothing better to say regarding "hifi" then why bother, just keep your opinions to yourself and let the rest of us discuss the "hobby" we love.

*dash1*

insider9

Come on, guys. No need for personal attacks. Just as much there's no need to try and stir things by digging up old threads. Especially considering who OP is and how he dislikes most of us.

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I said anything rude or unreasonable. Fair enough though, it is an old thread, but I was doing a search for something, and came across what seemed like nonsense. Having a research background makes me sensitive to anti-science.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Well cables do make a difference and a huge one in my system particularly speaker and interconnects, not so much digital cables, and this is an old thread and I have made some changes since to the better. Thanks

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
If all cables sounded the same they would all have the same price.

Fair point. I stand corrected and withdraw my earlier comments. If only the rest of life was as reasonable as the HiFi world. *crazy*

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Joe Cox said:
Please remain civil and don't post libellous comments... Thanks.

Joe! dude! I haven't seen you since we had a four-way with that goat in your flat, and then got high on K and robbed a Sainsbury's on the Broadway in Watford! Glad to see you shook off the GBH wrap on that one... Me and the boyz are heading to the neo-nazi rally in Stratford this weekend, so I guess as you are now out of prison we will see you there? Man, it's good to hear from you! Maybe after the nazi rally we could go nick a car like we used to and find some police to chase us? Love you always and hope for man cuddles again after the joyriding? G

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, looking at the photo I think I may have got the wrong Joe Cox. I apologise for any libellous comments I may have made. Although we could still cuddle???

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Joe Cox said:

Joe! dude! I haven't seen you since we had a four-way with that goat in your flat, and then got high on K and robbed a Sainsbury's on the Broadway in Watford! Glad to see you shook off the GBH wrap on that one... Me and the boyz are heading to the neo-nazi rally in Stratford this weekend, so I guess as you are now out of prison we will see you there? Man, it's good to hear from you! Maybe after the nazi rally we could go nick a car like we used to and find some police to chase us? Love you always and hope for man cuddles again after the joyriding? G

Post of the day, if not the month. Hilarious. *biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Joe Cox said:

Pffff... I know a pensioner who voted UKIP. Beat that!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
Joe Cox said:

Damn those financially cocooned triple-locked purveyors of a British imperialistic idyll which never really existed. Damn them all!

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
Joe Cox said:

Damn those financially cocooned triple-locked purveyors of a British imperialistic idyll which never really existed. Damn them all!

Given that anyone over 50 will be dead in the not too distant future, they should only have allowed the young to vote in the Brexit referendum. And those old codgers have such bad taste in music, all they listen to is Pink Floyd and Lez Zeppelin, and not the more interesting modern stuff.

Come to think of it, why not just terminate anyone over 50? Makes sense does it not?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Leif said:
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
Joe Cox said:

Given that anyone over 50 will be dead in the not too distant future, they should only have allowed the young to vote in the Brexit referendum. And those old codgers have such bad taste in music, all they listen to is Pink Floyd and Lez Zeppelin, and not the more interesting modern stuff.

Come to think of it, why not just terminate anyone over 50? Makes sense does it not?

Termination for the over 65's surely? Make 'em work until they are 65. Although in the post-brexit economic apocalypse we will all experience in a couple of years, when 14 percent of the UK's directly taxable trade relocates to Frankfurt and Paris, termination at 75 is a more likely scenario. It will of course all be the EU's fault by then. Us Brits love to blame others for our mistakes. Up yours Delors!

Leif said:
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
Joe Cox said:

That's you off my Christmas list!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
What happens if you mention UKIP on a forum on a completely unpolitical subject? Within 2-3 posts we have 1/3 of the poulation murdered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts