Cable burn-in sceptic convinced!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Strange how no one seems to report of cables sounding excellent and then "burning in" to mediocre!

In the real world things change for good and bad, but in the world of interconnects they only every improve.

Now I accept that CD players and amplifiers can change with use, however the minute currents flowing through signal cables making enough change to be clearly audible, I'm sorry I have never heard it myself!

About 3 years ago i tried an experiment, I bought 2 identical cables used one for 6 months and again 12 months and did a comparison NO DIFFERENCE!

Now the cleaning I may go along with!

idc

Stumpy21:

Strange how no one seems to report of cables sounding excellent and then "burning in" to mediocre!

In the real world things change for good and bad, but in the world of interconnects they only every improve.

Good point Stumpy. Along with Tarquinh's comment about when does burn in eventually stop, two reasonable questions to be answered.

I can only assume that when the burn in of cables was noticed/discovered that work ensued to ensure that cables which go into production get better. Designs which were found to get worse have not gone into production. But if that was true, why are there no reports I can find of a cable going out of production that has got worse?

Why should the burn in only go so far and then stop? It does seem remarkable that the sound improves and then stops. Maybe molecular changes within the cable account for burn in and once the molecules are sorted they remain stable? Or maybe that is a load of nonsense that I have just made up in the spirit of a humerous, healthy and constructive debate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts