CA 751bd and the The Hobbit playback problem!

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Is any one else having problems playing the new Hobbit blu ray movie?

When i play it on my 751bd the pop up menu stays on for the whole movie. I thought it was maybe an error with the disc but its not. I tried the film on my other CA 650bd and it plays normaly.

Rick

D

Deleted member 2457

Check the firmware updates here:

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/azur-751bd-universal-upsampling-blu-ray-player#support

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same player myself, firmware up to date and have same issue with The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Tried disc in 2 other players I have & it played perfectly.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
atkins4725 said:
Is any one else having problems playing the new Hobbit blu ray movie?

When i play it on my 751bd the pop up menu stays on for the whole movie. I thought it was maybe an error with the disc but its not. I tried the film on my other CA 650bd and it plays normaly.

Rick

I have neither the player nor the disc, however only yesterday I read about this issue in another forum. Apparently there also hasn't been any new firmware for ages.

Would be interesting to know if the 752 is also affected.

D

Deleted member 2457

It plays fine on my Pioneer. I don't get problems with new discs. I think this is where Oppo and Marantz have done really well with their Blu-Ray players.

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Having the same trouble myself on my Oppo BDP-93 (which I believe the CA 751 is based on?) but found if I let the movie start (with pop-up menu visible) then press stop, then play, then select 'return to last time played' -no pop-up menu. If you do select the pop-up menu while movie is playing you should be able to select the special features.

Hopefully the same fix will work with the CA player

D

Deleted member 2457

geoffreyc said:
Having the same trouble myself on my Oppo BDP-93 (which I believe the CA 751 is based on?) but found if I let the movie start (with pop-up menu visible) then press stop, then play, then select 'return to last time played' -no pop-up menu. If you do select the pop-up menu while movie is playing you should be able to select the special features.

Perhaps not then! :)

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
geoffreyc said:

Managed to get the movie working by doin this ^^^^^ :cheers:

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
atkins4725 said:
geoffreyc said:

Managed to get the movie working by doin this ^^^^^ :cheers:

Ditto - worked it out by trial/error on my CA!

Will be interesting to see if any update is forthcoming....

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi all :wave:

Can you tell me where you got the latest firmware for your 751 as I have checked on the cambridge audio web site and found no mention of any new updates available, also when I turned on my 751 last night, there was still no indication of any new firmware updates.

:bounce:

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
From CA website...May 1st 2014

There is a new firmware update for the 751BD/651BD. The 751BD and 651BD use the same firmware. As such, the following update applies to both models.

- Region A (North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus Taiwan, Japan, China Hong Kong, China Macau and Korea).

- Region B (most European, African and southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand).

Features of the new update (version 751BD(CU)-15-0910) include the following:

- Improved BD disc compatibility with new releases such as “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug”.

All features and improvements of previous firmware updates are also included in this latest version.

Note: playback of BDMV folders/files, ISO files and SACD-R is not supported due to copy protection laws.

manicm

Clare Newsome said:
As that's dated tomorrow, perhaps it's a phased rollout....(haven't had mine yet, either - well, not as of last night, anyway)

You can download the update from CA's website and update it through USB - it's pretty simple and I did it for the previous release.

TRENDING THREADS