Buzzing noise

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
When there's no music playing, I hear a buzzing noise from my speakers. When I start Star Wars Battlefront (2015) I hear a different buzzing noise which is louder than the sound of the game. What can I do to fix this and what could cause it? I use Q Acoustics 2010i speakers and a Dynavox CS-PA1 amplifier.

gasolin

Dragonsword said:
When there's no music playing, I hear a buzzing noise from my speakers. When I start Star Wars Battlefront (2015) I hear a different buzzing noise which is louder than the sound of the game. What can I do to fix this and what could cause it? I use Q Acoustics 2010i speakers and a Dynavox CS-PA1 amplifier.

Crappy amp get something decent

What do you expect with a less then 50€ amp? https://www.amazon.de/Dynavox-CS-PA1-Mini-Verst%C3%A4rker-50Watt-schwarz/dp/B000G8NQ6Q

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
response to Gasolin (quote triggers spam filter)

It sounds good enough to me. Is there really that much of a difference between amps in sound quality? I didn't have enough money left to buy a better amp. Do you think the buzzing noise is caused by the amp?

shadders said:
Hi,

I think you should be posting in the Low-Fi threads, not the Hi-fi threads.

Regards,

Shadders. *crazy*

I haven't seen any low-fi threads. What's low-fi?

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
shadders said:
Hi,

Sorry, it was a joke.

It could be an earthing issue, so when you disconnect the cables for the inputs, does the humming disappear?

Regards,

Shadders.

I don't know if it will, but I won't disconnect the cables without turning off the amplifier (I might damage the speakers and amp) and the humming dissappears when I turn the amplifier off.

shadders

Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Hi,

Sorry, it was a joke.

It could be an earthing issue, so when you disconnect the cables for the inputs, does the humming disappear?

Regards,

Shadders.

I don't know if it will, but I won't disconnect the cables without turning off the amplifier (I might damage the speakers and amp) and the humming dissappears when I turn the amplifier off.
Hi,

If you disconnect the input cables does the humming disappear?

Either way, if the humming does disappear, then you may have a serious fault, and the amplifier should be returned.

Regards,

Shadders.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the amp. is the problem so I would return as soon as possible for a refund.

Used amps are probably your best bet but I don't know the Dutch market.

LoFi is opposite of HiFi.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Hi,

Sorry, it was a joke.

Regards,

Shadders.

Hi,

If you disconnect the input cables does the humming disappear?

Either way, if the humming does disappear, then you may have a serious fault, and the amplifier should be returned.

Regards,

Shadders.

The humming dissappeared after I disconnected the input cables. So, the amplifier causes the humming then?

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
The humming dissappeared after I disconnected the input cables. So, the amplifier causes the humming then?

No, you probably have an earth loop. Plug your inputs in one at a time and see which one is causing the problems.

Edit : you could try one of these on the problem device

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
eggontoast said:
Dragonsword said:

No, you probably have an earth loop. Plug your inputs in one at a time and see which one is causing the problems.

Edit : you could try one of these on the problem device

Will I damage my devices if I plug in the input cables if my amp is on?

Will the ground loop isolator audio cables be long enough? How long/what length are they in centimeters?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
There's no way we can give you a definite answer, there's too many variables. Sounds like an earthing issue, so it could be a fault with your amp, a fault with the interconnects, or a fault with you source(s). Have some gumption and swap stuff around until you isolate it. Start with nothing plugged in and work forward from there a step at a time. It's just basic 'process of elimination' fault-diagnosis. The ground-loop isolator is a blind path, you've no idea if you need it until you identify what's causing it.

shadders

Hi,

Yes, as per other posts above. Disconnecting cables when the amplifier is on should not be an issue.

If it is your games console causing the issue, try that same cable in a different input to see if it is that input.

If it is the amp, and since it could be a serious fault, recommendation is to return to supplier.

Regards,

Shadders.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
There's no way we can give you a definite answer, there's too many variables. Sounds like an earthing issue, so it could be a fault with your amp, a fault with the interconnects, or a fault with you source(s). Have some gumption and swap stuff around until you isolate it. Start with nothing plugged in and work forward from there a step at a time. It's just basic 'process of elimination' fault-diagnosis. The ground-loop isolator is a blind path, you've no idea if you need it until you identify what's causing it.

When I disconnect the red cable RCA the buzzing noise dissappears.

shadders

Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Try that red cable in a different input, if it buzzes then the cable/other end is the issue. If it does not buzz, then the amplifier is the issue.

Regards,

Shadders.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Try that red cable in a different input, if it buzzes then the cable/other end is the issue. If it does not buzz, then the amplifier is the issue.

Regards,

Shadders.

Do you mean I should put the red cable into the white input and the white cable into the red input? The other inputs aren't for connecting an amp to a PC if you mean the inputs like tape and cd.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

Do you mean I should put the red cable into the white input and the white cable into the red input? The other inputs aren't for connecting an amp to a PC if you mean the inputs like tape and cd.

Think you will find all inputs are the same just different labels on them, the only one that will be different is phono (turntable) but doubt you have that.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

Think you will find all inputs are the same just different labels on them, the only one that will be different is phono (turntable) but doubt you have that.

No, if I put my cables in the CD input I won't get any sound from my speakers, I don't have a CD player (except for the DVD writer and reader in my PC). If I put the red cable in the white output and the white cable in the red output, I still hear a buzzing noise.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

No, if I put my cables in the CD input I won't get any sound from my speakers, I don't have a CD player (except for the DVD writer and reader in my PC).

how does your amp know the difference? You can put cd in any input apart from Phono. You can put tape in cd, you can put pc in any. Try it and see.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

No, if I put my cables in the CD input I won't get any sound from my speakers, I don't have a CD player (except for the DVD writer and reader in my PC).

how does your amp know the difference? You can put cd in any input apart from Phono. You can put tape in cd, you can put pc in any. Try it and see.

I just tried it and I didn't get any sound.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

You using digital out on your pc. Your amp. have a dac inside? Sorry I don't know that amp.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

You using digital out on your pc. Your amp. have a dac inside? Sorry I don't know that amp.

On an image I just looked up it has 3 inputs: Tuner, Tape and CD, so looks like they have relabeled the tuner with pc? If you feed in an analogue signal to any of those you should get some sound. I would return the amp. for a refund while you can.

Dragonsword

May 23, 2016
Visit site
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

No, I'm using the analog 3.5mm out on my PC and idk if my amp has a dac inside, I don't think so.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
BigH said:
Dragonsword said:
shadders said:
Dragonsword said:
MajorFubar said:

Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.

No, I'm using the analog 3.5mm out on my PC and idk if my amp has a dac inside, I don't think so.

See my reply above, think you have issues with this amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts