Buying screen + projector ...Please advise.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi people, yes, I still alive ;)

I am in a market for a complete projector set up, looking for 55 - 60 inches. The watching position is from 3.5 metre away from the wall.

Any suggestion please?

thanks

TM

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I have a pioneer Kuro TV which is possibly one of the best but it's may be out of action for few months (need board re-fitting) I have a look at big samsung LED but not really keen on the picture.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
my bad, sorry. I meant 55 - 60 inches size of flatscreen tele.

Basicly, 4 ft long and 3 ft down or there about.

many thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Thaiman said:
my bad, sorry. I meant 55 - 60 inches size of flatscreen tele.

Basicly, 4 ft long and 3 ft down or there about.

many thanks

Yes, that would be 60 inches, as we said surely it would make more sense to buy a 60" TV? Projectors are really for 80"+. I'm not sure you could even get a projector screen that small to be honest.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
damm, thanks for that.

I suppose I could re-organise my room to have screen on another wall to fit a 80" screen.

I want something that better than my pioneer Kuro but after looking around and demo a few set of LED, its going to be very difficult.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
It's the scale/size of the projected image that is really impressive, completely occupying your attention and most of your field of view. And as it's a reflected image, it's (in my opinion) much less tiring on the eyes than a big tv.

So if you can get 80" or more, then you'll be in for a treat!

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Thaiman said:
damm, thanks for that.

I suppose I could re-organise my room to have screen on another wall to fit a 80" screen.

I want something that better than my pioneer Kuro but after looking around and demo a few set of LED, its going to be very difficult.

Depending on which gen Kuro you have probably the only 'better' TV around that size is the panasonic zt60. Most PJs probably aren't better unless you spend five figures, much of the gain with a PJ is in scale rather than outright quality.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
My Kuro was the last one sold in UK so I suppose it was a later spec, anyway, Panasonic ZT 60 eh? I will have a look. many thx

TRENDING THREADS