Buying a mate a system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Think someone has finally snapped. Why not.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

It's not a communist state just yet. Get your opinions out while you can..........

I see no loans for 10K for hi fi yet, at least they depreciate a lot less than a german car.

Bit political for after midnight, but it's after midnight after all, so who cares??????

A

Anonymous

floyd droid:
utah:Think someone has finally snapped. Why not.
emotion-4.gif

Yup,loads think it i type it !!
emotion-5.gif

What is your problem? I contribute towards these forums, just like everyone else and yet you persist in writing rude things about me. I am allowed to ask a question, am I not? I wanted to hear other peoples' opinions on the subject - maybe I'm missing out a product which would really suit my needs. I don't boast about my knowledge, but it seems you think I do. Are you jealous or something?

Why do you also think "loads think it"? Okay, there may be a few on here that don't like me, but I'm sure there aren't "loads". If there are, please own up and profess it; it'll do us both good.

Are you trying to say these forums would be better without me? If so, please contact the moderators and state that. Otherwise, stop degrading these forums with your antics and listen to some music.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Please calm down, Master Hughes - you're only giving them more ammo....

Back to the systems question - have you thought about a CD receiver unit if you can't find separates to suit?

I know separates offer far better value and flexibility, but decent ones do tend to get snapped up/hold their value.

Bet if you shop around you could get a great one-box Denon/Marantz/TEAC system unit from a far pricier system that would drive the speakers fine. I saw a high-end old Nakamichi system unit in a second-hand hi-fi shop recently - gorgeous!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:
the Bicester scrapyard owners. I'm not sure what the relation is, but there is some kind of family connection (quite a few generations back.)

Do you live in Bicester then?

Ah... Bicester

_38348151_bistokids150bb.jpg

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
Please calm down, Master Hughes - you're only giving them more ammo....

Back to the systems question - have you thought about a CD receiver unit if you can't find separates to suit?

I know separates offer far better value and flexibility, but decent ones do tend to get snapped up/hold their value.

Bet if you shop around you could get a great one-box Denon/Marantz/TEAC system unit from a far pricier system that would drive the speakers fine. I saw a high-end old Nakamichi system unit in a second-hand hi-fi shop recently - gorgeous!

That's a very good idea Clare, It's probably the best way to get value for money at the price.

What Nakamichi system was for sale? I like that one they have out at the moment, and if it's anything like that...
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts