Buying a 3D TV!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Iv been looking at the Sony KDL40HX803 and im very tempted by this set. All the review sound positive. Im finding it very hard to find some deals on it tho. I would like to find a deal with at least one pair of glasses, the transmitter, and 3d blu ray player. Budget is around £1200. Has anyone got this set, any opinions?

Or there is the panasonic GT20 set. http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/680605/PANASONIC-TX-P42GT20B

I thought that whis was a good deal, any opinions on this.

Thank you for any help you can give.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re the GT20, there are some positive reviews out there, but general opinion is that it doesnt have nearly the same black level as the VT20's from panasonic. Not sure if your budget would stretch to a 42VT20?

bootstrapwill:

Iv been looking at the Sony KDL40HX803 and im very tempted by this set. All the review sound positive. Im finding it very hard to find some deals on it tho. I would like to find a deal with at least one pair of glasses, the transmitter, and 3d blu ray player. Budget is around £1200. Has anyone got this set, any opinions?

Or there is the panasonic GT20 set. http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/680605/PANASONIC-TX-P42GT20B

I thought that whis was a good deal, any opinions on this.

Thank you for any help you can give.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply, i found a deal on john lewis http://www.johnlewis.com/230990730/Product.aspx, that comes with everything and 2 3d blu ray movies. Not to sure if or when it will be back in stock? Will there be more deals like this nearer christmas?

Would you say the sony outperforms the samsung PS50C6900 in 2d performance (mostly hd content)?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

i reckon there will be some great 3d package deals in the run up to xmas, id be looking at the samsung 50c7000 plasma rather than the c6900, its a bit more expensive but has much deeper black levels..

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes and you could probably sell it on ebay for 200 quid!

Andy Clough:Well, if you go for the Panasonic set you'll get a free copy of Avatar on 3D Blu-ray, if that's of any interest. Clicky

A

Anonymous

M&s are currently running a package deal with the tv...the store are just awaiting on the stock .Though i believe the they might be running the package deal with the sony vat offer.Only available within stores though.Also it will be the new sony bundle deal with 5x 3d blu-ray.

Kind regards

Greg

A

Anonymous

Thanks Greg. Does anyone know how the panasonic HD pictures compares??

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have just gone through the same decision process. I went for 42"GT20 deal, very happy with my choice now that I have had it a couple of weeks. The HD picture especially from my 650BD bluray is superb, head and shoulders above my old 40" ZF355 Toshiba. The blacks might not be as deep at VT series but that did not fit within my budget. So it came down to performance for £'s.

I also looked at Sony and the 7000-8000 series LED Samsungs. I preferred the Sony to the Samsung picture quality both 2D and 3D but the panasonic had the most believable 3D image to my eyes. A bit of chat with the guys at my local shop - Leadingedgeconcept, decision was made and a good deal struck.

A

Anonymous

im leaning more towards the panasonic now, Do you think there will be much of a difference in HD picture compared to my sony kdl 40w5500 (which has backlight bleed). Im going to head down to currys and comet and demo some out tomorrow. Doubt they will give a good price tho.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Ring round sony centres..we are doing a deal on a kdl40hx803,bdps470 3d blu-rayplayer,2 pairs of glasses,1 transmitter,5 3d blu ray films,free 5 year warrenty on tv..plus 1 pair of extra 3d glasses for £50.00(normally £99.99) all for £1350.00 then you can then claim the vat back.I own the tv myself and it's a cracking tv.

A

Anonymous

Ok i have been thinking about getting a 3d tv but have just had a massive thought! Currently my sony blu ray player is connected to a sony home theatre system (hsi100 i think, golf ball speakers) through HDMI, which then feeds to my tv ( Also HDMI). If i was to buy a 3d tv and 3d blu ray player, my sony home theatre would not be able to accept a 3d signal to then pass on to my tv, could it?? Am i wrong?

Sorry if this is confusing.

Thanks.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Bad news im afraid your hiis1000 does not have 3d pass through,the only way to combat that prob is to connect your blu-ray player via optical or coax cables but then you would only get normal dolby 5.1/dts 5.1 surround sound.

A

Anonymous

well then im looking at these, What does everyone think???

http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Sony_KDL46EX713_46__Edge_LED_slim_design_TV_Wi_Fi_ready_Full_HD_1080p_FreeviewHD_KDL-46ex713.html

http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Sony_KDL46EX703_46__Full_HD_Wi-Fi_Ready__LCD_TV_Edge_LED__Motionflow_100Hz___eco_features_KDL-46EX703.html

http://www.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Sony_KDL55EX503_55__Full_HD_1080__Wi-Fi_Ready__LCD_TV_Motionflow_100Hz__eco_features_kdl-55ex503.html

A

Anonymous

Sorry to post again, but i just want to make sure i have made the right choice. After looking on the internet for what feels like an age, i have finally made my mind up about which tv im going to buy!

Panasonic TX-42v20.

I was going for a sony, but after reading many reviews stating it had the best black levels on any tv at the moment ( not including the pioneer) my mind was made up. Does anyone have a first hand experience?

Anyone know of any good deals??

Thanks.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
the v20 is not a 3d tv though... are you thinking the VT20? the one thing that i found very annoying with the V20 was floating blacks.. thankfully my VT20 doesnt have them :)

A

Anonymous

Sorry for bringing this up again, but its driving me insane.

My choices are, the sony 40hx803, or panasonic 42gt20. Both around the same price, both come with 5 year warranty, blu ray player, glasses, and films.

I dont care about SD quality, all i want to know is what is best for 2D HD and 3D HD. please help!

Thanks again.

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Can't you audition them both and make up your own mind? People like different things, there is no clear cut choice. I personally prefer the Sony, doesn't mean anyone else would agree.

TRENDING THREADS