Best TV settings on the Panasonic TX-P42GT30B

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please Help,

Having read numerous reviews and people raving about the panasonic TX-P42GT30B, i decided to audition this set

due to the positive feed back regarding its picture performance. To be honest i found the picture to be quite dark,

resulting in loss of shadow detail, not very sharp with an over all yellowy cast. I have only watched in 2D through Sky HD and

not bothered with 3D or blue ray and i am dissapointed with the results.

I have altered the various settings with out any improvement in picture quality.

What is the best settings for the TV and how can the picture be improved

Thanks

Kawal :cheers:

Paul.

Have a look through this list of films on the THX site, do you own any of them? They come with the THX optimiser on them, and is a good start for tweaking your TV.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-entertainment/thx-certified-releases/

A

Anonymous

Kawal,

I have the 46" GT30B, and the picture is great to my eyes.

Settings can depend on lighting environment and personal taste, but I use the Normal setting with Contrast around 75%, Brightness 50%, Colour 45%, Colour Balance = Cool, Sharpness 35%. I have everything else switched off.

Hope this helps as a starting point, but as previously mentioned try and find the THX set up available on some DVDs (Star Wars).

Paul.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It's worth picking up a set up disc, as settings will vary depending on incoming light - so with the memory settings, you may have one for daytime when it's blazing sunshine, one for daylight when it's clody, and one for evening when it's dark outside, and maybe even one for lights out movie watching. Plus, regardless of correct settings, there may be settings that you prefer personally.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
+1 for all the advice plus it's worth mentioning that the yellow tinge is the colour temp, adjust it to cool or normal for cleaner whites...i find cool the best setting and when using my calibration disc it's the most accurate.

A calibration disc is essential for optimum picture quality and after calibration i couldn't be happier with the quality of image from my 42GT30.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts