... but the NAIM is just so darn Qute

Dommer

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a budget system set up at the moment that comprises of the Logitech Transporter attached to a Marantz PM6002 integrated amp with a pair of KEF Q10 bookshelfs. Music is all FLAC stored on a Buffallo NAS feeding the transporter. The sound it enjoyable, but I am constantly thinking that it could sound better and I'm wondering if I would fenefit more from upgrading the Marantz to something like a used Audiolab 8000S integrated or if upgrading the speakers would make more sense. Problem is I'm on a very tight budget, as I've just purchased a flat. So all savings have dissapeard.

Ideally I'd like to trade the Transporter and Marantz up to the NAIM UnitiQute. But would the Q10's paired with the UnitiQute make much difference to what I have now?

I guess the question I'm asking, is it the Marantz or the KEF's that are the weakest link?

thanks

Dommer

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
OK so I've now sold my 3 year old Marantz PM6002 integrated and am looking for a new (or second hand) integrated amp that will give me the best sound out of the KEF Q10's. Does anyone have any ideas? I've been tempted to get a second hand Audiolabs 8000s.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts