BUSH Freesat Receiver -- Signal Loss Problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I bought a Bush HD Freesat receiver (BFSAT01HD), connecting a Sky dish with a Samsung LCD. The problem is that I experience intermittent signal loss problems: the programme stops and the blue light on te receiver flashes.

It seems that this comes and goes more or less randomly. When the receiver works, it works well, reception was 90% during the installation. When we had Sky, we had no problems, so I guess that the dish is correctly aligned.

Could this be related to the cable connection directly (the connector looks a bit dodgy, I have to say, the Sky engineers didn't do it well)? Or, could it be related to the fact that I have a twin-feed and only use one? Or, could it be because of the weather?

I'm new to this, so I'd be grateful for any advice.

Hedgehog

A

Anonymous

Anyone? The problem has now reoccurred with a new unit.

Thanks a lot!

Hedgehog

daveh75

How longs a piece of string?

It could be anything......dish alignment,failing/faulty LNB,faulty or damaged cabling,loose connections or even interference.I also wouldn't rule out a second faulty STB either!

The Harvard range( Bush,Grundig and Goodmans) of stb's aren't renowned for quality or reliability.

Have you tried a software update? Your problem could be related to the firmware upgrade back in november, that bricked a load of the Harvard units-There is now a firmware fix available.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Dave.

We exchanged the unit, and the new one does it again now. Both downloaded the software update, and the first thing we noticed was that both did not automatically switch on again, as promised. But both worked for a while after and then stopped (the second box worked for about a week before stopping).

I've looked at the cable connection, and it seems fine. Most importantly, the dish was used for Sky as recently as a month ago and worked perfectly.

Any thoughts appreciated. Going to phone helpline, but is it worth the trouble or should it be replaced with a Humax one? Are the Humax ones really that much better (twice the price)?

Hedgehog

daveh75

Does it happen on all channels, only certain channels or is it completely random?

Do you still have your old Sky box? If so i would connect that back up and see if you have any problems on any channels-If you dont,then at least you can rule out the dish/LNB and cabling as being at fault!

It may be worth calling the helpline-They may have come across this problem and have a solution.....Though i suspect they'll just tell you to do a reboot or factory reset and/or a firmware update!!!

A

Anonymous

Thanks, again, Dave.

Unfortunately, we don't have the Sky box anymore.

It's now connected to an older cable on the same dish (from a previous Sky installation, single cable, rather than double), and for now it works again. But of ocurse I'm not sure for how long!

When it doesn't work, it doesn't work for any channels. Recently, it would at least switch on, but show no reception. Very strange!

Anyway, for the time being it works again, maybe we're lucky now!

Hedgehog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts