Budget turntable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would like to get a turntable to go with my Marantz PM6002 and Monitor Audio BR2s. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should be looking at? I would like to spend less than £200. I have found that I can get a Goldring GR2 for £165. Would this be the best option? Is it compatible with the input on my amp?

A

Anonymous

Hi,
You need to find out whether your amp has a phono stage, if it does don't worry, if it doesn't you will need to buy one (Cambridge Audio do one for about £60 which is supposed to be very good) or you could go for the Pro-ject Debut 3 with built in phono stage, I think it costs a little over £200 but gets great reviews. Also give Ebay a try, I got a Debut 3 SE which has a better cartridge & you can use quality leads, I paid £100 I think and it's virtually un-used.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response. That is what I thought after all it was given 5 stars when it cost 250 so it seems a really good value at £165. I suppose my only concern is that the review was way back in 2005 so I was wondering if is has been bettered by the newer models.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
no,not when you consider it's a rega clone and the goldring is a great match for the rega arm who have been making this turntable for years in one guise or another.it's based on the r2 that still command high prices on the 2nd hand market today.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts