Budget system for large room ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I finally decided to invest in a hifi system but I have a limited budget and a large room to fill with sound.
After reading your reviews I was thinking about the Marantz PM6003 + CD6003 and the MO BX2. But would the BX2 be powerful enough for a large room. I listened to a pair of Rega RS3 a few months back and loved their sound. Do you think the 6003 would be good enough to get the best out of the RS3 ?
Thanks

A

Anonymous

What would be handy to know is what is your overall budget and also what music do you generally listen to?

For the the Maranzt seperates offer great value but their sound isnt to my liking; a bit smooth and mellow at times etc...

The Monitor Audio BX2 speakers are superb as are the RX1's and RX2's. The B&W 685's and Dynaudio DM 2/6's could also be considered as well but that's all dependent on what you want to spend.

The Rega RS3 speakers are very good but they are a little bass shy (for my taste in music anyways...). I have listened to the RS5's, they sounded very good but a little too expensive for what I want to spend currently

The likes of the Rotel RA04SE and the Yamaha AS500 amps shouldnt be discounted either and both would work well with the Marantz CD player

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your answers.

I was first thinking about a deal like that one :

http://www.hifix.co.uk/hi-fi-package-deals/marantz/pm6003-inc-cd6003-silver-inc-bronze-bx2-speakers.html

Reviews are good and is under 800£ which is about my limit.

I am just wondering whether the BX2 would be sufficient for the room (about 500 sq ft). If you think yes, then good !

Why the RS3 and not BX5or6 : I really liked the RS3 when I listened to it, I've been told they were better than the BX. Then it would be second hand. Then again would the Marantz be good enough (I listened to it with Atoll IN/CD80) ?

I don't see much package with the marantz and floor standing speakers (and packages seems to be more affordable).

A

Anonymous

Forgot to say I enjoy many types of music from Clapton to The Velvet Underground via Coldplay, Otis Reading, Miles Davis, Muse, or Chopin !

TRENDING THREADS