Budget stereo-setup - what speakers and amplification?

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am in search of a new stereosetup for a room that is 25 square meters. I can have either floorstanders or standmounts,but I want clarity, PRaT, neutrality and details, in short - best possible speaker at that price, and also what electronics that will match them well. I already own a pair of 60 cm stands so standmounts can be had without adding the price of the stands.

A

Anonymous

How much of a budget do you have, the Bowers and Wilkins 685 is known as maybe the best budget speakers available today and can be had for 340 pounds brand new. The Yamaha A-S500 Amp is 300 odd pounds and won a award for best amp under 500 pounds. How much the awards mean in real terms I`m not sure but it`s a good place to start looking and is a good indication that they have no major flaws...

A

Anonymous

If I had that much to spend I would get the following. ( just an opinion )

Dynaudio 2 / 7 = 600 pounds

Second hand Cyrus 8 power and Pre VS2 = 700 odd

ARCAM RDAC 300 pounds

A

Anonymous

I will try to explain why I think the 2/7 would be better with the Cyrus amp. Firstly the treble on both the speakers is their main strength, also the main strength of Cyrus is in the treble. In short, your going to have out of this world treble. The main fault of the Cyrus is light bass and I thought the larger bass driver of the 2/7 would beef it up alot more than the 2/6.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts