Budget Projector Supertest in next issue?

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I think a supertest should be held in the next issue between these budget models?

Sanyo PLV-Z800

Epson EH-TW3200

Epson EH-TW3600

BenQ W1200

BenQ W1100

InFocus SP8600

Optoma ThemeScene HD20

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sounds remarkably like the testing we've got to do before we name our favourite budget projector in October's Awards :)

Thanks for the rundown - will pass on to the test team.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Excellent look foward to that :)

I reckon due to testing most of them above and owning 2 of them, I think the Epson EH-TW3200 should win from a per pound performance basis. There isn't much between it's big brother and itself

Though the glowing reviews the BenQ W1200 is getting could snag it.

After reading a few postive reviews on the Benq , I ventured out to test one as I haven't really had the pleasure of viewing a DLP projector other than my friends Optoma ThemeScene HD20

Very sharp images and good motion and a calibrators dream, very good bright colours but average Black levels and noisy fan levels let it down. I was suprised at the Black level repsonse, I actually prefered my own one for the Blacks....which I wasn't expecting

But sadly I'm one of those who see's rainbows also (as with my friends one).....and I did on this one, though not as much as the Optoma but it's there if you do see them

But if you are lucky enough to not see the dreaded rainbows than the Benq is a excellent buy, but I just don't understand why it doesn't have a Lens Shift??? At that price it should. The Optoma doesn't but you can get that for £200-300 less, plus the performce between those two isn't that huge apart. Plus the warranty goes against the Benq 1 year warranty, the Epson's are fantastic at a 3 year cover......

Don't get me started on the Sanyo though!!!! Load of rubbish that unit, can't believe it got a good review....

Anyway lookk forward to it :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts