What projector would you recommend with £700 to £900 budget?

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I am a newbie and thinking of putting together a home cinema but need advice on selecting the best projector within my budget.

My requirements.

1. A projector that has excellent full hd 2d picture and decent full hd 3d.

2. Am after a projector that has good black, good image and rich vivid colour, good shadow detals, good sharpness.

Room

The room the projector is going in is painted magnolia, white ceiling, cream curtain and has a window.

the room is 11 feet (long) and 9 feet (wide). what image size would i get using the 11 feet wall.

So far I have read reviews on benq w1070, optoma hd25, epson tw6000 and epson tw5910 but not sure which projector to go for as thisis my first projector.

P.S I dont mind buying second hand projector you recommend is over my budget.

abacus

The only way to know for sure is to go and view some to see which suits, as just like sound different people have different preferences.

The size of image will be determined by the throw ratio of the projector you buy.

A good screen (Or dedicated paint) is beneficial to enhance the picture, but if you wish to use the wall than you will need to adjust the projector to suit. (Just don’t expect top notch results with normal paint)

Lamp replacement costs can be very expensive, so factor this in if buying 2nd hand.

Hope this helps

Bill

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
abacus said:
The only way to know for sure is to go and view some to see which suits, as just like sound different people have different preferences.

The size of image will be determined by the throw ratio of the projector you buy.

A good screen (Or dedicated paint) is beneficial to enhance the picture, but if you wish to use the wall than you will need to adjust the projector to suit. (Just don’t expect top notch results with normal paint)

Lamp replacement costs can be very expensive, so factor this in if buying 2nd hand.

Hope this helps

Bill

Cheers for the reply Bill. Yes, I do plan to demo but thought I should start off here to research and also see what people will recommend within my budget.

Someone told me to go for epson projector range as they have the rich vivid colour am looking for and execellent for 3d and 2d. Another person also told me to go for benq w1070 as it cheap. As i dont know much about projector am confuse as to which way to swing.

Hope people in put on here would help narrow my option down.

abacus

I have also been looking round at projectors to replace my older Standard Def. one, and of the ones on your list (I’ve seen all of them) then I would concentrate on the Optoma HD25 and Epson 5910 as the best of the bunch within your budget.

Don’t expect perfect 3D with entry level projectors (Just like TVs), so make sure you have a good view with 3D before buying. (3D has no interest for me)

Both have good and bad points and you will need to see which gives you the compromise you can live with.

Myself I think I have settled on the EPSON EH-TW6100, which for me moves up a step in quality, but is unfortunately outside your budget; however it may be worthwhile having a look at to see if it is worth waiting until you have more cash.

Hope this helps

Bill

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
abacus said:
I have also been looking round at projectors to replace my older Standard Def. one, and of the ones on your list (I’ve seen all of them) then I would concentrate on the Optoma HD25 and Epson 5910 as the best of the bunch within your budget.

Don’t expect perfect 3D with entry level projectors (Just like TVs), so make sure you have a good view with 3D before buying. (3D has no interest for me)

Both have good and bad points and you will need to see which gives you the compromise you can live with.

Myself I think I have settled on the EPSON EH-TW6100, which for me moves up a step in quality, but is unfortunately outside your budget; however it may be worthwhile having a look at to see if it is worth waiting until you have more cash.

Hope this helps

The shop I have been to also recommend the epson projector and I have actually seen the tw6100 and the picture quality was amazing in 2d. I would get epson tw6100 if I find one as second hand or refurbished one.

The opinions of reviews seem to be that there is not much different between the tw5910 and tw6100.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts