Budget Hifi Separate System Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Forum!!

I'm current researching in to buying a good solid hifi separate system. Basically I want an amp, cd player and a nice sound (may add db radio later)

I'm looking to spend £350 - 450 on it, does anyone have any good recommendations? It's a minefield out there if you don't know what you're looking at!

Also, I'd very much like to have a speaker set in the living room and dining room which i could switch to either or both as I desire. is this easy to do even if the amp doesnt have two speaker outputs?

So far I've seen this fellow which looks solid - http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3856 its the NAD C515BEE CD and NAD C315BEE amp

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

cheers

John Duncan

Yep, can't go far wrong with that. The speaker switching is a little trickier though, you might be better off getting a slightly more expensive amp with two sets of speaker outs, rather than getting a switching box.......

A

Anonymous

The lower end NAD stuff is superb, if you can get it at a decent price then go for it.

As for the speaker switching you ideally want a amp that allows you to connect two sets of speakers, i think most Marantz amps have this, my old PM4000 did.

Also if you want more for your money check out ebay, great way to get decent sound for not alot of money.

A

Anonymous

You might do better buying second hand set up. You probably won't go wrong with an Arcam A65+ Amp (Second easy under £200) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARCAM-A65-AMPLIFIER-SILVER-MINT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ200236554563QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200236554563&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Or rotel RA 01 as an alternative or even a second hand Nad C340 (All had relatively cheap and cracking amps for the money.

For yor CD player, I doubt any one will dispute that the Arcam CD 73 cd player is great value for money (and can be had for well under £200 second hand) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARCAM-CD73T-CD-PLAYER-SILVER-MINT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ200236552973QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200236552973&_trkparms=72%3A640%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Finally pair it up with something like the AE Aegis evo one or Bowers and Wilkins 602 series, or even some mission 780's all had cheap second hand. Or you might want to splash out on some new Monitor Audio BR 2's.

Anyway, pleanty of second hand suggestions there!

If you do go with the superfi set up, don't pay the asking price, make sure you haggle a deal out. They will drop another 10% without even trying too hard! Don't be afraid to haggle!

Good luck, and welcome to the world of HIFI
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

cheers cheif very useful - don't suppose you know if the arcam one has the speaker switch thingy do you?

A

Anonymous

fezler69:cheers cheif very useful - don't suppose you know if the arcam one has the speaker switch thingy do you?

The A65+ has two sets of speaker terminals and a switch to select between the two sets. Perfect!

A

Anonymous

One other suggestion,

You could give Richer Sounds a bash if you have a local shop near to where you live. They deal in a brand called Cambridge Audio which is great value for money for someone entering into the world of HIFI. I believe they will let you return equipment you don't like following a home demo, with out any quibbles. I believe they also stock NAD equipment and Marantz, which are another well respected brand.

I would certainly give them a look. http://www.richersounds.com/splashpage.php

A

Anonymous

I've just gone through months of saving etc and tested Roksan etc but was still very happy with the marantz6 combo - check out richer sounds they were doing these at 199 each down from 270 and the sound is superb - just might have to save a tad for speakers, or get the marantz's smaller brother which i bet will also be very very good for the price.

neil

A

Anonymous

You can get the superb Cambridge Azur 640A V2 + Cambridge Azur 640 C V2 AND FREE
Cambridge Audio S30 Speakers for £549!!!! From Richersound!!!!

If you are cheeky like me you can haggle with Richersound of that price and might get a few quid knocked off and some phone leads chucked in!!!!!

Good luck

A

Anonymous

cheers fellas - i may well have a look at richer sounds too

so marantz, nads, cambridge etc - check

T

the record spot

Check out the BADA Marketplace - good range of prices and equipment of all sorts and you might get a warranty thrown in on some items. You then have a bit more to choose from than the 'usual suspects'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts