Budget headphone system

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello, the last couple of months I've been trying headphones and a few dacs. I listen the HD599, HD560s, Audio Technica M20X, Hiby FC1, LG V30 and my own phone as a DAP. If I'm honest every time I changed the gear I felt something was lacking but when I returned to use them, I wasn't happy anyway. I had a recent ear procedure so I haven't been able to fully enjoy my gear, but also I have made some rush shops without even thinking really about. I have sold all of to start from a scratch. My budget is between 200 to 300 dollars. I live in Mexico so I actually don't have many options like Americans have. I'm need to be sure if buy something from the US because returning it (if that's the case) will be more difficult. I mainly use audio gear on my desk, but that doesn't mean I don't like a DAP or USB Dac. I have heard wonderful things about Drop's HD6XX. I'm not sure if I can get them where I live. Since they are 300 ohms, I will need an amp, I was thinking the iFi Zen Dac since it's DAC/AMP.
I want to enjoy a more natural sound, especially for rock, subpop and artpop. I do enjoy a lot female vocals and drums so that is a priority. I do trust this forum so I will analyze all your options. Please tell what do you think.

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Well, I was thinking buying something from an Ebay auction. I found a HD600 for 40 dollars, and the 6XX is around 100 dollars. They also have some pretty nice dac/amps. I think that is my best choice. Are the 6XX or the 600 harsh or piercing? That worries me a bit.

Tinman1952

Well, I was thinking buying something from an Ebay auction. I found a HD600 for 40 dollars, and the 6XX is around 100 dollars. They also have some pretty nice dac/amps. I think that is my best choice. Are the 6XX or the 600 harsh or piercing? That worries me a bit.
I agree with Gray the 600 are not harsh but if you are ‘treble sensitive’ you may find the HD 650 more to your taste.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
If the Topping EX5 is not an option for you, I'd say the Zen DAC V2 would be good.
Agreed.

I'm standing by my advice from the other thread at this point. Being a performance nut I can't recommend anything that I don't feel will be worth buying. If I discover anything additional in the value bracket that's worth the money i'll say so.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts