budget cd player without annoying mechanical noise?

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I looking for a budget cd player(under 300), which has low mechanical noise spinning the cd disc.I owned new NAD C525BEE, new NAD C515BEE, both have noisy disc spinning, very annoying when you listen music at moderate level. The cd discs were clear.Very interesting, my very cheap Panasonic dvd player has extremly low noise spinning the discs compared with these NAD cd players.
  What is your experience, can you tell me which budget player work silently? Thank you for reply

A

Anonymous

My Cambridge 540C V2 is inaudible at anything over half a metre or so, even with the volume turned to zero.

A

Anonymous

I certainly can the Sony XB930 is a fantastic cd player originally retailed at 300.00 and can now be picked up second hand for less than 70.00 would recommend keeping an eye out on the av forum (different website) ebay and google hi fi for sale, can't remember the name of the website but it's the first result. It has great sound but also there is not the noisy disc spinning so even at moderate levels you will not hear that.

matthewpiano

This is something that really annoys me and which is going to be part of my own selection process. I listen to a lot of solo piano music and find this kind of noise totally irritating and unacceptable. This was one of the things I didn't like about the Cambridge 740C. I believe Yamaha's new mechanisms isolate the noise very well, but you are looking at a minimum of just under £400 for their new CD-S700 (I think thats the right model number) so its not really budget.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
p1486_2.jpg

yamaha CD-S700

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Tibor:Thank you for reply, I will try the C. Audio 640 c, the new Yamaha or the second hand Arcam cd 73 cd players

That price is for a brand new CD73 (if you're quick.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts