budget = £1000 for first home cinema system = what do i get ?

chrisku

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
I am moving into my new house in 2 weeks and I want to purchase a home cinema system to go along with my panasonic plasma.

I am also going to be purchasing the Panasonic BD30 Blu ray player.

I really want a seperate amp and speaker system but I dont want the speakers to dominate the room. The lounge is quite small.

So far I have been susggested the Onkyo 606 or the denon 1909 along with either a set of Mission M cubes or Acoustic Energy AEGO T 5.1 Speaker System .

Can anyone please suggest what would be the best system for £1000 bearing in mind the system cant be obtrusive.

please help me with your suggestions

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes replied to your earlier forum right mission m cubes only 90mm cubed Energy Aego 202 x 124 x 145,Quadlites only a fraction bigger 220 x 135 x 150 . Quadlites will give you the better sound as they where £1000 and are traditional speakers not bad for music either. Most unobtrusive would be the m cubes supplied with wall brackets. Another alternative would be Qacoustics Q-AV soundbar larger rears but flat like the old nxt packages with a slim sub the only problem is you really need the special tv stand to the fix the soundbar to.Any way all these packages are available at Creative audio for less than £1000 with onkyo 606 and speaker bundles ckeck them out. Good luck

A

Anonymous

How small is small? Because the Sony all-in-one system (IS10 or something) isn't bad, the speakers are tiny. It won't do music though.

Otherwise, the MS Alumni system looks nice and is small (haven't heard it), and Tannoy also do a small nice looking system.

I just bought an Onkyo 875 for 600GBP, and an 5.1 system consisting of the MS 309i sub (bargin 130GBP at richers, 5* in this mag), four 902is for the satellites and the matching center. It's not big, similar size to the Quad L-ites (but looks better). Total was 470GBP, putting me at 1070GBP all-in.

Amp's total overkill, but I needed something which'd do a good job of upscaling to 720p (and 1080p in a year or two when the TV's upgraded). For me the picture quality is extremely important, I notice the compression before I notice anything being wrong with the sound.

Are you going to listen to music on it? Because you really want to listen to the amp if you do. I found the Onkyo "sound" to be a little, erm, bright? Maybe it's too good for my ears. Find the sound from Denon, Cambridge and NAD to be simply better.

So you might want to check their respective receivers out too.

If you've got the time, then try and demo as much as possible.

RE: DVD. Maybe you can use the BD30, but have the receiver do the upscaling? The 606 scales to 720p and might do a better job at it than the BD30? I'm only assuming this, mind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts