BT Cloud

Dom

Since I'm on BT's best broadband they have automatically enabled 500GB of cloud storage for me. Thats really nice.

When I first tried it alot of my songs did not work. So I thought it was utter garbage.

Now it works and I have downloaded the BT app and have synced my computer.

The absolute best thing about it though is the sound quality of there cloud music player, which is beautiful.

Is it better than JRiver, no. Is it good enough, absolutely.

*biggrin*

abacus

Cloud storage is the equivalent of a HDD, (The hardware is just somewhere else in the world) that you can store what data you like on it. If you have music stored on it, then any modern player can play it 100% accurately, so long you input your credentials to allow access. (You don’t need any special player to access it)

Bill

Dom

Ok, fair enough.

One point I will make is that a'lot of the software I use to listen to music was developed in the US. JRiver for example is from Minneapolis.

I really just want UK software for my UK sound gear.

Does it improve the sonic experience, I don't know.

daveh75

DomCheetham said:
Ok, fair enough.

One point I will make is that a'lot of the software I use to listen to music was developed in the US. JRiver for example is from Minneapolis.

I really just want UK software for my UK sound gear.

Does it improve the sonic experience, I don't know.

What makes you think it's UK software?

BT Cloud is probably farmed out to a third party like Yahoo, just as their Email is.

The codecs you're using to encode your music almost certainly weren't developed in the UK either (they tend to be either the work international consortiums, or US companies)

Nor is the computer or its OS you're running it all on.

Besides, according to your signature you're 'UK sound gear' consists of Danish speakers, and a DAC that was probably manufactured in Taiwan and Chinese headphones...

TRENDING THREADS