Bryston BP20 v Audio Research SP9

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

Whilst I'm happy with my aging SP9, I have been advised that my PMCs would work very well with Bryston amps. As always, these things don't come cheap. However, I would be interested in any comments on the relative merits of both these amps and whether a change to the Bryston would be suitable. The rest of my set up is listed below.

Thanks.
Paul.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
No idea mate but I've never heard anything bad about bryston other than its obviously solid state sounding. But hey, it is SS so where's the problem. I'm sure Thaiman has listened to one at some stage or another but surely, if you're serious about spending a few grand you drive yourself to a dealer and arrange a home dem, the only way to find out whether you prefer them or not.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
I am really after a second hand Bryston 4B, but they rarely turn up for less than a grand. Unfortunately I'm not in that market these days. I was just looking at the Bryston pre to get some feed back. I'm happy with my SP9, but it is getting on a bit now, likewise my P270. I would rather replace the P270 first. I'd better start digging that garden for buried treasure I think.....!

A

Anonymous

If you like the sound of the current setup, I'd advise sticking with it. AR stuff is pretty fine. Brystons are good but definitely SS sounding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts