Bristol show 2012

A

Anonymous

Looks like there will be no Panasonic or Samsung either. That would be two years on the trot. I went to Manchester in 2010 and all the main tv manufacturers were there. Any reason for the Bristol show becoming less about the vision??

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The timing might not be right for them, if they're not ready to show their new products then there's not much point turning up with last year's models that will be replaced soon. The Manchester show is later in the year. The focus of the Bristol show is typically more on the audio side anyway imo.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed. For example, Panasonic will only fully reveal its 2012 UK line-up (to retailers and press) earlier in the same February week the Bristol show falls; first models won't hit shops until end Feb/early March at very earliest.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, Bristol's a bit too early for the big TV companies to exhibit their new UK ranges, but don't forget there'll be lots of other exciting product launches from some of the smaller companies, as you can read in my blog.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CraigDS said:
I have booked my flights for the Bristol Show. I am flying down from Glasgow. Will 5 hours be enough time?

I should hope so, you could fly to Russia in that time!

Oh you mean for the show? Is that 5 hours between flights or do you mean 5 hours actually at the show? If it's the former then realistically, probably not, Bristol Airport is a fair way out from Bristol centre, probably 45 minutes by cab (maybe an hour), so that's an hour and a half to two hours gone, then you've got to get there in time, check in, blah blah, probably another 30 minutes either end, so you're down to 2 and half hours in the show, it's a big show and it's spread over lots of floors, if you sit in on any demos they're usually a good twenty minutes, so three of them and you only have an hour and a half for the rest of the show. So no, probably not.

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I should have said I will have five hours at the show. I arrive at Bristol Airport at 10.30am and fly home at 19.30pm. I was worried that the show will be very busy and I would need wait for demos in rooms because they only hold so many people. eg going to Alton Towers all day but only getting on 3 rides lol

A

Anonymous

Hello,

If I buy 2 twoday adult tickets with audiot UK onlineshop for the hifishow can we use them on friday and sunday?

With regards,

Bart
Belgium

A

Anonymous

Just received an answer;"Thanks for your enquiry, I am sorry, but we cannot accept orders from outside the UK. If you were in the UK, with a UK address and UK registered credit/debit card, the answer to your questions would be yes."Pitty that it isn't possible buying tickets outside the UK. We will be good enough buying them directly at the show entrance for a higher price.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I've heard a nasty rumour that Bristol City Council have introduced parking charges for on-street parking around the Broadmead area on Sundays. Can anyone from Bristol confirm if this is true please?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
No idea, I always park in the multi-storey across the footbridge from the mall.
I am such a skinflint, if I can park for nothing I will. Failing that I'd normally use the excellent park and ride, but that doesn't run on a Sunday.

Looks like I'll be parking with you this year though.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
The_Lhc said:
No idea, I always park in the multi-storey across the footbridge from the mall.
I am such a skinflint, if I can park for nothing I will. Failing that I'd normally use the excellent park and ride, but that doesn't run on a Sunday.

Looks like I'll be parking with you this year though.

No, I'm going the Friday. I've also got free tickets, so I don't care about parking charges! :cheers:

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Can't make it this year, gutted really enjoyed the Manchester show and Sony, for me a dissapointing absentee at Manchester are going to be there. Have a good time all of you who get down there!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts