Bright system or just Bright Recordings?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I dont know about the Naim cable but it would certainly be worth trying a pure copper cable rather than the silver plated ones. If you have the time and inclination why not buy some cat6 (computer cable) and try that out, its cheap and very effective.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Kiwi_Jonno"] I have to slightly disagree that Naim is bright. Iv heard my Naim system before
I brought it throught Naim and Rega speakers.[/quote]

That is a good synergy, I heard Naims with R5 and the Rega seem to tame the green boxes slightly brightness very well. Having said that Brightness is not a bad thing! I could live with bright system better than overly smooth rig that lack excitement. I suppose you will try cables first and then buy another pair of speakers once you realised that they are what you really need....good day mate.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="taxiboy"]Why do we have to get into science all the time? The great majority of people on here would agree that the quality/construction of a cable makes a huge difference to sound. Is the earth flat? Science is often proved to be flawed. Was it our ears or science that led us to this forum?[/quote]I'm with you, taxibox-it was just said in jest. I'm sorry if it came across otherwise, just my sense of humour.

A

Anonymous

Dont mess with the interconnect,I M O try some Chord Rumour or Naca5. I had Qed cables at one point on my Naim system = BRIGHT tryed Chord Rumour Bass tightend up detail smoother,just try it ,does not cost anything,borrow some from your dealer.Just my twopence worth it worked for me!
Best Regards
Chris C.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="Kiwi_Jonno"] I have to slightly disagree that Naim is bright. Iv heard my Naim system before
I brought it throught Naim and Rega speakers.[/quote]

That is a good synergy, I heard Naims with R5 and the Rega seem to tame the green boxes slightly brightness very well. Having said that Brightness is not a bad thing! I could live with bright system better than overly smooth rig that lack excitement. I suppose you will try cables first and then buy another pair of speakers once you realised that they are what you really need....good day mate.[/quote]

Thanks Thaiman/Chris C. everyone for feedback. I will try some cables and see how they sound. The Rega R5 (or maybe R7 cant remember) was recommended by a dealer for a Naim system. I didn't mind the Naim speakers either but most people here don't rate them. I know I need to upgrade speakers eventually when funds allow, maybe cable is the quick fix until then. Besides, the QED Mirco speaker cable can def be improved on...cheers.

TRENDING THREADS