Bright Speakers

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Stoff 1 said:
An update, have put a piece of toilet roll over the tweeter and that has really smoothed things out. Very happy with the result. It looks like the cyrus MA parnership is now working, great because I like both brands. Seached through old posts and found one suggesting this, very useful. I will take the tweeter grill off and cut the toilet roll behind and replace the grill to tidy things up.Wish things are always this simple!!

I know some of the older members have seen this before but I thought it may be worth quoting this from an old thread for newer members.
So if you find yor speakers are on the bright side after running in intry this. It is much cheper thn changing speakers.
You could use anything that will absorb output from the tweeter handkerchief or some grille cloth.
The guy I have quoted had a Cyrus amp and MA RS8 speakers.

Lo Fi said:
Stoff 1 said:
An update, have put a piece of toilet roll over the tweeter and that has really smoothed things out. Very happy with the result. It looks like the cyrus MA parnership is now working, great because I like both brands. Seached through old posts and found one suggesting this, very useful. I will take the tweeter grill off and cut the toilet roll behind and replace the grill to tidy things up.Wish things are always this simple!!

I know some of the older members have seen this before but I thought it may be worth quoting this from an old thread for newer members. So if you find yor speakers are on the bright side after running in intry this. It is much cheper thn changing speakers. You could use anything that will absorb output from the tweeter handkerchief or some grille cloth. The guy I have quoted had a Cyrus amp and MA RS8 speakers.

(Groan)

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Not MAs again.

From my point of view tlis was not supposed to be aimed at Monitor Audio it was meant to be a suggestion for curing any bright speaker speaker problem it just so happened that the original post was MA and Cyrus

alpne1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Seriously can you put cloth or such like over the tweeter without damaging the speaker ?

I have major problems bright !! no shrill !!! yes. Changed QED silver anniversary to vanne damme with limited success. But this could work I guess ????

Cyrus 6a and Tannoy revolution not the best combo I guess.

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes if they have a grille over the tweeter already like with MA units, but not with the likes of Tannoy and Kef with tweeteer located in the middle of a speaker. But you could just try draping some cloth over the outside of the normal grille this would reduce output.

TRENDING THREADS