BOSTON ACOUSTICS SOUNDWARE XS 5.1 on Sony STR-DH800

DrizztDan

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys Ive got a quick question i am currently in the progress of upgrading my stereo setup to sourround sound.

i want to make good use of my current speakers, the AE Neo 3 VII (http://whathifi.com/Review/Acoustic-Energy-Neo-V2-Three/)

I will be getting the BOSTON ACOUSTICS SOUNDWARE XS 5.1 and a Sony STR-DH800 AV receiver to play through these.

My question is

a> will this setup sound good>

b> Can this av receiver support 7.1 I assume so as it has 7 input channels.

c> can I flip to /stereo sound just through my main floorstanders when listing to CD player?

many thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, I am considering to buy the BA Soundware XS speaker set. Just a question, have you tried them for Film and Music? How did they sound for each?

I'd like to buy them but use them for the moment in a front-only setup, i.e.without the two rear speakers, due to the fact I can temporarily not fix with the wires neatly through the room. Would you think this is still going to sound good for film and music?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

C. Yes most Av recievers will have a direct mode, which is ideal for music, and should give the best performance for music. I donr know sony but the Denons have the option of setting the stereo/direct differently then the surround mode. I prefer the sub switched off for music as the flooestander tend to give a more flat frequency response, the sub seems a bit more difficult to set for music and integration is much more difficult. IMO

A

Anonymous

jjvanarend

I will syill be better then the tv sound and better then stereo.

A

Anonymous

jjvanarend

I will still be better then the tv sound and better then stereo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts