bose soundlink mini vs cambridge minx go,

suresh babu

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
dear friends,

i am interesting to buy any one of those models.. i already heard minx and loved its midrange.. but bit confuse with new reviews of bose soundlink mini's ratings and its smaller size..

my favourite is midrange..i will be listening it within 5-6 ft..so i dont need bigger volumes but need meaty sound ,i dont like thin voice..

if budget will not be a problem, which one is best?

-suresh babu

atishaysingh

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Both are good devices and i think Bose Sound link mini is slightly expensive. I have recently auditioned many devices in this price bracket as i was choosing a birthday gift for my lil brother.

Both devices are good one should buy bose if abolute portability is a factor. And may be it has a better base line. ( I am not sure abt this one though.)

For every thing else Cambridge Mix go.

Lets begin with the cons

Size is definetly bigger than bose but thats it.

The sound is more natural, feels like coming from a hi fi system. treble is very nice. Bass is sweet. Vocals are great. Also its cleary louder than bose by a good margin.Its the louder amogst the list below with may be a tie or slightly below the logitech ve. but the way its sounds its just a leap ahead if not two.

I have auditioned Jam blutooth speakers atleast 2 different models, jbl flip, Jbl charge, jbl Led light(dont know what they are called), beats pill, bose sound link, sound link mini, logitech ve and few others as well that i dont even remember and may be for a reason.

To put it simply if i have to choose three of them in order.

1. Cambridge Minx go.

2, Jbl Flip and Bose will have a tie as flip is almost one third the price.

My bro also auditioned all these products and we both agree cambridge is a leage ahead in sound, it defies its price size for performance.

Bose is small and sounds bigger than it is. but with cambridge the experience never sees a compromise at all. also its got 18 hrs of claimed back up. I am using this product for 2 days now and its awesome.

Hope this helps...

johnmandy

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hope the OP doesn't mind me ambushing thier original topic.

I think my situation is very similar to the original poster's queary.

I have by way of a christmas present a Bose blutooth soundlink 2, and don't ask for technical reasons.... but i just can't get on with the sound.

I have definetly made a decision to change it, (it's up for sale at a fair price, lol)....and have heared very good soundings from the Cambridge audio minx go.

My new setup will only be used when away in my caravan, and just the odd ocasion at home in the winter.

So please feel free to pass comment, have i written off the Bose to quickly or should i take a shine to the minx 2. i am also very open to other suggestions.

I loved the Bose when I demoed it, and intend to pick one up when I go to the US. I've never demoed in a caravan, so don't know how would it sound there.

Its got pretty good reviews generally. Even the reviews on Amazon are good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008V9RSZW

johnmandy

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks bigboss,

I,m sorry i just can't take the sound, too base heavy.

Guess i'll just take the hit, sell it on for a loss.

Perhaps my current set up with both sound and vision has spoiled my understanding of what to expect from a £250 outlay.

Was really looking for an alternative.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have recently picked up a CA Minx Go and have to say for its size the sound is pretty darn good - weighty, with a decent soundstage. For what it is, I'm impressed.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
I loved the Bose when I demoed it, and intend to pick one up when I go to the US. I've never demoed in a caravan, so don't know how would it sound there.

Its got pretty good reviews generally. Even the reviews on Amazon are good. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008V9RSZW

The SoundLink Mini is a fantastic little product. If I had a need for one, I'd have one myself!

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Fwiw I have listened to a large number of these bluetooth speakers.

Bose - v good but v pricey

Jbl flip - not so good

CA minx - v good for the price/size etc

Logitech UE boombox 100£ good and loud - but a bit big sizewise.

I bought Kitsound Hive - 37.50£ from sainsburys sale. Very portable and good sound per pound until the expensive stuff gets cheaper

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts