q acoustics 2020i vs other award winning speakers..

suresh babu

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
dear friends,

i have marantz pm6004 amplifier and used it with kef q 300 for over years.. now i getting bored with kef and its big size for my smaller room,so decided to shift down to bit small speaker section..

for this i have shortlisted some of award speakers as per my budget limitations here,

1. q acoustics 2020i

2. wharfedale diamond 121

3. dali zensor 1

no other options due to budget and quality reasons..

my favourite is,

1. midrange and meaty clear vocals

( for example , vocals from cambridge audio minx go,i loved it a lot for its uncoloured pure vocals. i must need same type of vocal sound experience from this setup..)

2. no harshness or over eager treble

3. engagging to listen full songs.

among those speakers , which one will be best for my taste?

i dont need very big sound or party like sound , just enough sound with clear vocals without harsh

thanks

suresh babu

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I am an owner of the 2020i speakers and they are just stunning for the money. Vocals are very clear (just like the rest of the music) and they are never harsh sounding. I had a fair amount of speakers in the past but these are keepers. Build quality is also a real step up from most budget speakers........

I've read some comments from people that they are hard to drive but my Pioneer A-30 amp (40 watts @ 8ohm) drives them without any problems.

IMO you can't go wrong with these ;)

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
What is boring you about the sound? Also, have you considered second hand? Otherwise I'd see if you can audition those 3 speakers. I'd imagine most dealers would have that amp knocking around somewhere for you to use (Or simply take your own).

Garett

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I preferred the Dalis over the Wharfedales, I felt they had greater clarity, especially in the high-mids and had a gloriously wide open soundstage, although the Wharfedales weren't far behind and offered a touch more bass. I've not heard the 2020i but have heard lots of positive things said.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts