Bose QuietComfort 2 headband plastic cracked

I've owned the Bose QuietComfort 2 headphones since 4 years now. However, in the last couple of years or so, the headband plastic developed a crack which subsequently required a black electrical tape to keep it from falling apart. I have emailed Bose about it, awaiting their reply.

Anyone else had similar issues? Is this serviceable?

Yes, they called me yesterday morning within 12 hours of emailing them. They've offered me the QuietComfort 15 for £150 instead. The headband is not economical for them to repair.

Dunno whether I should go for it........the QC 2s work fine except for the crack. What do you suggest?

A

Anonymous

Hi big boss.... I have a pair of Bose Triports which I`ve had for 8 years and last year the same thing happened to mine (it`s where the aluminium arm slides INTO the other plastic arm to adjust the size).I ended up using black insulation tape neatly bound to stop them falling apart.... still works fine though.

Have to say that I think the design of this fitting is a little poor and could be improved on (not that I`m an engineer) but have to say still love the sound of the Triports.

Jotaboy

idc

I don't have much time listening to the QC2s, but on first impressions they felt more substantial and had the Bose sound that I like. How much do you want new headphones? Is it £150 or pennies and some electrical tape?

Now that's where the dilemma is! I would love to play with a new toy, but my sensible side tells me to stick with what I have, as there is no performance deterioration. I expected my other half to dissuade me from buying a new one, but she actually encouraged me to go for it (saying that I have worked hard in recent months & deserve a treat)!!

I'm just trying to resist myself with the logic that I can buy a Sonos ZP90 for a little more money, which will be a better spend....
emotion-42.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts