bose lifestyle 48

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi ya, I wondered if anyone can give me some good advice.

I am looking to buy the bose lifestyle 48 system.

Key factors is that seems to have a good sound at a low volumn as well as high, speakers are small and the main unit is not to big and bulky. also the extra factor is that it sorts out what type of music u like listening to

is this unit over priced, or is there other packages out there that have got a better sound quality at low volumn as well as high volumn and is not big and bulky?

Bose systems are overpriced for what they offer. When I demoed them, I found the dialogues to be a bit muffled with rubbish mid-range.

You can easily get better systems for less. Have a look at B & W MT30: http://whathifi.com/Review/BandW-MT-30/

Having said that, people who buy Bose are generally happy with their purchase. When I was in the market for my home cinema 6-7 months ago, I initially thought of buying only Bose & was happy with the demo I took of Bose. I then stumbled across this forum, & a few others. Thankfully, I decided to audition a few more speaker systems. I'm glad I did that. I was actually stunned how much better Monitor Audio sounded, compared to Bose. Just to make sure, I went back & listened to Bose..................you can see in my signature which speaker system I own.

If you remain blissfully oblivious to other speaker systems in the market (that's what Bose marketing has achieved), you will be happy with Bose. Look around, & you'll find better systems for less.

All the best!

Lifestyle 48 is an old model which has been around before HD came in. A new model is long overdue. It's soon going to be replaced by new systems in the coming weeks (End Sept to mid Oct). It may be worthwhile to wait for the new models before taking a decision.

A

Anonymous

Where's the boseman (was that what he was called?)these days anyway? I ain't seen him round these parts for a while. His input would be useful and unbiased!!

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I will wait a few weeks to see what new systems they are bringing out, With the other systems, how do they compare to the compactness as i dont want a big and bulky system, and more importantly I want a very high quality sound at a low volumn level (dont want neighbours banging on door complaing how loud i got it.)

jokerpaulonline

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
After all like a lot of gadgets, like mobile phones, the smaller you want it, the more expensive it is, so are there any other systems out there that are as small or smaller with the same or better quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts