BluRay player to HiFi amp connections

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if I can connect direct from a Sony BDB360 BluRay to a new Amp like the Marantz PM6003 , or do I need to connect via the AV Reciever ? I want to use my old Diesis Bookshelves instead of the Home Cimema speakers .

Also anyone know if the Sony sound is any good compared to a modern hifi CD player like the Marantz ? I have a few music BR/DVDs and it seems a shame to lose the sound off these because of rubbish HC speakers .

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
goalhanger:
Does anyone know if I can connect direct from a Sony BDB360 BluRay to a new Amp like the Marantz PM6003 , or do I need to connect via the AV Reciever ? I want to use my old Diesis Bookshelves instead of the Home Cimema speakers .

Also anyone know if the Sony sound is any good compared to a modern hifi CD player like the Marantz ? I have a few music BR/DVDs and it seems a shame to lose the sound off these because of rubbish HC speakers .

Thanks

Not much choice here, phono cables straight to your amp will do the trick. The BD player will spin the cds fine, it won't be as good as a dedicated cd player but will still sound ok.

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thats great , thanks very much. I think it will be cheaper ( and better) to buy a new Marantz Amp than mess about trying to get better sound from the Home Cinema speakers.

Just one more question - do you think I might get a sync issue when playing DVD/BR between sound and picture , or is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
goalhanger:
Thats great , thanks very much. I think it will be cheaper ( and better) to buy a new Marantz Amp than mess about trying to get better sound from the Home Cinema speakers.

Just one more question - do you think I might get a sync issue when playing DVD/BR between sound and picture , or is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks

None at all (mine is hooked up the same way) and for music DVD's/Blu Ray's the Sony is just superb, although that is through my set-up as I cannot comment how the Marantz would sound through your Diesis speakers.

If you're looking to spin CD's as well, the Sony can't touch my CDP; indistinct and reticent is perhaps how I could best describe it in comparison but again, music DVD/BR to my ears is quite breathtaking. Would strongly suggest taking your speakers along for a demo, though.

goalhanger

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good, thanks . I will definately take my speakers along as they are a bit old and I have no idea how they compare to modern speakers.

Phil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts