Blue tooth problem with Galaxy S3

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Just bought a new car (Vauxhall Insignia) and I am having problems with the blue tooth. The S3 pairs with the car without difficulty, but the phone book on the car display keeps vanishing. I Also have a Sony Ericson Experia paired with the system and I don't have any problems with this, the phone book for this seems to be locked in.

Whenever I switch on the system the I receive a request on the phone for the car to access my contacts and call lists, providing I press allow the phone book will remain. There is an option on the phone to "not ask again". I am wondering if I tick this box, then the phone book will then be locked into the system, but I am loath to use in case this causes more problems.

Any advice would be appreciated as the Vauxhall dealers are not able to help much.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my S3 and my new Focus. I had to go in to the phone's bluetooth settings and search out the paired devices menu and connect manually before driving - I eventually turned the Bluetooth on as visible all the time and had no problems since, as soon as I turn the engine on my phoe connects automatically.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
chudleighpaul said:
Just bought a new car (Vauxhall Insignia) and I am having problems with the blue tooth. The S3 pairs with the car without difficulty, but the phone book on the car display keeps vanishing. I Also have a Sony Ericson Experia paired with the system and I don't have any problems with this, the phone book for this seems to be locked in.

Whenever I switch on the system the I receive a request on the phone for the car to access my contacts and call lists, providing I press allow the phone book will remain. There is an option on the phone to "not ask again". I am wondering if I tick this box, then the phone book will then be locked into the system, but I am loath to use in case this causes more problems.

Any advice would be appreciated as the Vauxhall dealers are not able to help much.

Having re read your initial post I would go for the 'don't ask again' option....you can always unpair if it causes any sort of issue.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Done that, but the only box I can check is Only visible to paired Devices, which makes it visible for 2 minutes. I have jellybean on my phone what do you have?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm running Jellybean 4.1.2.

From your home screen press the left key and choose settings (bottom option) and then go in to Bluetooth - then hit the bottom left key again and it'll give you an option for timeouts - select 'never'.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks for help. The problem is not the connectivity, the phone remains connected at all times and I can receive and manually make calls, it is just the disappearing phone book that is the problem. I was coming to the conclusion that I should check the "Don't ask again" box. Fortunately I live 20 mins away from a Samsung service centre, so I will go over in the moprning and ask their advice.

Once again thanks for the help.

Regards

Paul

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Cracked it!!

The Samsung service centre agreed that "don't ask again" should be checked before accessing the phone contact list. This stops continual requests from the car system for information which eventually causes the phone book in the car to self delete.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts