admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am going to buy my first blue ray player and am also interested with surround sound. Being a novice some help would be appreciated. Having looked in What Hi - Fi i like the Sony BDP S-370 blue ray player and would this work ok with the Yamaha YHT-S400 av amp as the wife doesn't want cables all over the house. Are these machines easy to set up and what kind of cables would you need

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, that one's designed to be simple to set-up. You'll just need an HDMI cable from your player to the Yamaha's amp/subwoofer, and another from the Yamaha to your TV. The cabling from the sub unit to the main speaker bar will come in the Yamaha box.

A

Anonymous

Is the Yamaha proper surround sound or would i be better off investing in a amp and speakers around the room

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No, the Yamaha soundbar won't give you proper surround sound, the only way to achieve that properly is to have 5 (or more) speakers dotted around the room I'm afraid.

Whether you'd be better off is a subjective question - if you're after true surround sound, then yes, you'd be far better off with an amp and separate speakers around the room. However, having lots speakers (and wires) around the room isn't to everyone's tastes as I'm sure your wife has told you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts