blu ray players

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have a chance of purchasing a new denon 2500 bt player at a very good price. would i be better buying this or one of the new sony players. i have a denon avr 2310 which i hope can decode from the 2500bt. i am only concerned with picture & sound quality. not interested in 3d at the moment.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
mcinto65:

i have a chance of purchasing a new denon 2500 bt player at a very good price. would i be better buying this or one of the new sony players.

Yes, for the best picture and sound quality, but not functionality. Also it is only a Profile 1 player.

mcinto65:

i have a denon avr 2310 which i hope can decode from the 2500bt. i am only concerned with picture & sound quality. not interested in 3d at the moment.

Yes, the AVR-2310 will do the job nicely and from an aesthetic point of view, will compliment the looks of the 2500BT perfectly. Yes again for top picture and sound quality.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice, would there be a noticeable difference in quality between the 2500 & my first gen ps3?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Depends who you ask
emotion-4.gif

In all seriousness, there definitely should be - I haven't seen the Denon, but having auditioned a few other players above the PS3, I know it can be bettered quite a lot. However, others have said they couldn't see any difference at all between the Denon and a PS3. Are you in the position to be able to do a comparison between the two before you buy?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
professorhat:
Depends who you ask
emotion-4.gif

In all seriousness, there definitely should be - I haven't seen the Denon, but having auditioned a few other players above the PS3, I know it can be bettered quite a lot. However, others have said they couldn't see any difference at all between the Denon and a PS3. Are you in the position to be able to do a comparison between the two before you buy?

I'm surprised you did not compare either the Denon DVD-2500BT or the Sony DBP-5000ES with the Marantz
emotion-18.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks for your replies, the 2500 bt that i was intending to purchase has been sold. it was a brand new in black for £399. if you see any more let me know. thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ronald Archiebald:professorhat:
Depends who you ask
emotion-4.gif

I'm surprised you did not compare either the Denon DVD-2500BT or the Sony DBP-5000ES with the Marantz
emotion-18.gif

Neither players were available from a local dealer which would allow me to audition them with my old player, so I had to discount them unfortunately.

michael hoy

mcinto65:i have a chance of purchasing a new denon 2500 bt player at a very good price. would i be better buying this or one of the new sony players. i have a denon avr 2310 which i hope can decode from the 2500bt. i am only concerned with picture & sound quality. not interested in 3d at the moment.

Hi,

Having a 2500BT myself I can tell you that the picture and sound from the transport via my previous Denon 1909 was very good indeed, I now have a Pioneer SC-LX72 and it is still very impressive.

I have seen the 2500BT and a PS3 side by side and the Denon to me has the better picture quality.

I would suggest demoing the Denon against one of the Sony players as well, just for your peace of mind.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
professorhat:Ronald Archiebald:professorhat:
Depends who you ask
emotion-4.gif

emotion-18.gif

That was most unfortunate. Had both been available, I would have placed a bet that you would have gone home with something else!

Neither players were available from a local dealer which would allow me to audition them with my old player, so I had to discount them unfortunately.

That was most unfortunate. Had both been available, I would have placed a bet that you would have gone home with something else!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts